lilchef14 is offline Associate Member

Shin Splints... so much pain... someone plz help

I've been running on an indoor track for cardio... and i know thats it... but what can I do to fix it??

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    i used to get those all the time. while standing, point your toes up and keep your heel down..hopefully this stretch works for you

CharlieHustle is offline New Member

Shine Splints

Man they suck. I use to take two advil gel caps or tylenol b4 I went and played football and it worked pro. Also after your done running run ice cubes up and down your shines. And if you have a trainer you can get them taped.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    work out your tibia!!

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    stop running on a indoor track try a treadmill,(less stess on the tibia's)keeps up see an orthopedic doc. and they may be able to help.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    yep.. took me out of sports last year..

stretch, and a deep massage did the trick for me..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

etb
    etb is offline New Member
    realize the mechanics here. when a ski jumper falls through the sky 50 feet he can do so because he's also travelling at 60mi an hour. i know triatheletes who get shinsplints from running slow but when they increase their stride the problem goes away.

etb
    etb is offline New Member
    also not to step on big randy's pointed toes.... but i thought you had to point your toes away not up to you. that would just contract your shin muscles.

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    actually the best way to fix your shin splints is to go to a running store and have the fit you for your correct running shoes. I paid 90 bucks for a pair and i havent had shin splints in so long. They say the shoes only last 3 months but i have had mine for at least 6 months and they still do the trick. In addition i also do the stretch that bigrandy suggested i just do it a little different.

ToTheBuckeT21 is offline Senior Member
    did you know that shin splints are actually because of a muscle spasim in the leg that causes the periostem(bone covering) to pull away from the bone, and if it pulls away hard enough it will take little splinters of bone with it. how painful does that sound.

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    Best thing I know for these are ice baths. If you don't have access to that, however, I know of a real good stretch for them. Stand on one foot. The leg that is off the ground should be straight and your heel should be about 1.5 feet off the ground or so. Point your toes up and hold it for 30 seconds. Do this 3 times on each side.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Deacon
    actually the best way to fix your shin splints is to go to a running store and have the fit you for your correct running shoes. I paid 90 bucks for a pair and i havent had shin splints in so long. They say the shoes only last 3 months but i have had mine for at least 6 months and they still do the trick. In addition i also do the stretch that bigrandy suggested i just do it a little different.
    also correct shoe orthotics molded specifically for your feet will help.you would have to see an ortho or maybeeven a podiatrist. but if you chose not, if you can find a place that will fit your shoes specifically for this like deamon deacon. go for it.

deacon, where did you go for these shoes and who recomended you too? give some specifics.

Thread Information