Thread: elbow joints

catlovesfood is offline Associate Member

elbow joints

what do you guys do when your elbow joints feel like shit?

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    is it your joints or tendons bud? For joints you can try your glucosomin, msm, stack, adequin is a more serious step. Proper warm ups and stretching is very important, and taking time off to allow healing

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ...if it's tendon related, don't push it too hard......I'm almost to the point of having to get a tendon stapled according to the orthapaedic doc....There are some days I can't pick up a glass of water without major pain....
    ...A neoprene elbow sleeve provides some relief when lifting or at work....
    ..if it's joint related, needmorestrength pretty much covered it...
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ..since I'm kinda in the same boat with forearm/elbow/tri problems, I'm gonna bump this up to see what advice Doc S. can give us....

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    take glucosamine, chondritin and msm. also if you do alot of skull crushers for tri's, cut it out, that movement will criple you in your later years of life.

catlovesfood is offline Associate Member
    I dont do skull crushers and my elbow tendon hurts and the 2 tendons connected to my forearm from my biceps hurt. I only work arms out once every 2 weeks and I wear elbow brace. I am going to cycle soon with deca , to try and help it but in your opinions what can I do to heal it? And I take glucosamine,chrondatin,msm,omega3,shark cartilage etc.

Triposinator is offline Associate Member
    Try a micro-wavable heat wrap twice every night. Heat really helps me.
    You can get them at most drug stores for < $15. You gotta drive some blood
    to that connective tissue (without weight-pumpimg). This works for me.
    Finally you might want to change your workout cycle. I now leave 3 days between my back/chest and arm workouts, to give my tendons time to recover. I only have an issue on one arm, bicep tendon at the elbow. Thank god . Good luck Bro.

Quote Originally Posted by catlovesfood
    I dont do skull crushers and my elbow tendon hurts and the 2 tendons connected to my forearm from my biceps hurt. I only work arms out once every 2 weeks and I wear elbow brace. I am going to cycle soon with deca, to try and help it but in your opinions what can I do to heal it? And I take glucosamine,chrondatin,msm,omega3,shark cartilage etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Triposinator
    Try a micro-wavable heat wrap twice every night. Heat really helps me.
    You can get them at most drug stores for < $15. You gotta drive some blood
    to that connective tissue (without weight-pumpimg). This works for me.
    Finally you might want to change your workout cycle. I now leave 3 days between my back/chest and arm workouts, to give my tendons time to recover. I only have an issue on one arm, bicep tendon at the elbow. Thank god . Good luck Bro.
    NO WAY!!!neveruse heat on an acute injury!!!incresed blood flow will let the injury spread, especially if it is a muscular injury. ice is theway to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't make the heat mistake. ice will control the injury, cut back on pain and inflamation.all around the only way to go. heat is used for more chronic injuries usually before an activity. never heat after you lift. use ice. heat has an antalgic feel to it, and it is soothing BUT you are causing more damage by doing this and increasing the inflamtion.

deca can help w joint pain, but there is no guarantee. if you are using a brace already,taking suplements , and doing arms only every other wk, i think you may want to visit your local neighborhood orthopedic and let him take an mri.
    Last edited by Doc.Sust; 09-30-2005 at 08:30 AM.

also the one and only way to heal anything......summed up in one word.REST. how much rest and how long???it is different for all of us.

etb
    etb is offline New Member
    i have a similar elbow problem for the first time in my life and i've foun that compound movements agrevate the problem. if i excersize in strict form on a single plane of motion my elbow isn't affected but if my elbow travels forward and backward while i'm doing an up and down movement it's unbearable. for instance machine rows are doable while bentover barbell rows are out of the question. be a puss and stick w/ nautilus for a while. that's what i have to do.

Triposinator is offline Associate Member
    I've tried Ice, and I've tried heat. Heat works for me. But I don't do it after I lift. I use ice for RECENT injuries, as most people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    NO WAY!!!neveruse heat on an acute injury!!!incresed blood flow will let the injury spread, especially if it is a muscular injury. ice is theway to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't make the heat mistake. ice will control the injury, cut back on pain and inflamation.all around the only way to go. heat is used for more chronic injuries usually before an activity. never heat after you lift. use ice. heat has an antalgic feel to it, and it is soothing BUT you are causing more damage by doing this and increasing the inflamtion.

deca can help w joint pain, but there is no guarantee. if you are using a brace already,taking suplements , and doing arms only every other wk, i think you may want to visit your local neighborhood orthopedic and let him take an mri.

Quote Originally Posted by etb
    i have a similar elbow problem for the first time in my life and i've foun that compound movements agrevate the problem. if i excersize in strict form on a single plane of motion my elbow isn't affected but if my elbow travels forward and backward while i'm doing an up and down movement it's unbearable. for instance machine rows are doable while bentover barbell rows are out of the question. be a puss and stick w/ nautilus for a while. that's what i have to do.
    stick to the machines until you heal, it is better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Triposinator
    I've tried Ice, and I've tried heat. Heat works for me. But I don't do it after I lift. I use ice for RECENT injuries, as most people do.
    well this injury on this paticular thread seems to be a "RECENT"injury,so again use ice not heat.

Thread Information