steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

achilies heal ouch!!

what up guys my achilies heal has been bother e for quit some time now, when i extend my leg completly and dorsoflex my foot it feels like a million needles are stabing repetedly into the left side of my heal, would a cortizone shot take care of this.??

liftergirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    what up guys my achilies heal has been bother e for quit some time now, when i extend my leg completly and dorsoflex my foot it feels like a million needles are stabing repetedly into the left side of my heal, would a cortizone shot take care of this.??
    Actually, the best way to help that is by doing the exercise that makes it the most uncomfortable....sounds crazy but it works! it will hurt like crazy for a few weeks, then suddenly be improved. The guy who figured it out was actually a Dr who was having the same problem....and wanted to get it repaired. The only way to get bumped up on the surgery list was if it was actually torn....so he did those exercises religiously....thinking it would eventually tear and he'd get the surgery sooner...but, instead, it made it better! Try it! good luck!

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by liftergirl
    Actually, the best way to help that is by doing the exercise that makes it the most uncomfortable....sounds crazy but it works! it will hurt like crazy for a few weeks, then suddenly be improved. The guy who figured it out was actually a Dr who was having the same problem....and wanted to get it repaired. The only way to get bumped up on the surgery list was if it was actually torn....so he did those exercises religiously....thinking it would eventually tear and he'd get the surgery sooner...but, instead, it made it better! Try it! good luck!
    i didn't know that! great info. also, forget the cortisone, all it is a quick fix, and in the long run, w prolonged tratment it is terible for your ligaments.

liftergirl is offline Female Member
    Dr Sust is right....cortisone can be a quick fix....but will be horrible in the long run! Basically starts to break down the ligaments/tendons....exact opposite of getting it stronger!

Thread Information