lean1 is offline Junior Member

help need advice in pain

hey guys I'm a 35 yr old guy working out for 5 yrs now but I had to stop due to pain . I now have arthritis in my joints in my wrist and elbows it is very painful for me to lift is there anything i can use or do for the pain it hurts like hell .I don't wanna stop workingout but this is to much for me to take .....thanks

liftergirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lean1
    hey guys I'm a 35 yr old guy working out for 5 yrs now but I had to stop due to pain . I now have arthritis in my joints in my wrist and elbows it is very painful for me to lift is there anything i can use or do for the pain it hurts like hell .I don't wanna stop workingout but this is to much for me to take .....thanks
    have you tried naprosyn (aleve)? 2 (250mg) tabs twice a day. The dose on the bottle says 1 tab, twice daily...but "prescription strength" is double the amount. Take it with food; if it starts to bother your stomach, switch to one tab twice a day. It's as good of an antiinflammatory med as any of the prescription only ones for arthritis (vioxx, bextra, celebrex). You should schedule it rather than take it only when the pain occurs though. Good luck.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    good advice lifter girl. also i like double the dose of motrin(ibueprofen)800mg or 4 over the counter tabs. it is easier on the stomach!! lean, you may also want to try, a stack of glucosamine,msm, and chondritin. all are great for your joints and relatively cheap. couldn't hurt.

liftergirl is offline Female Member
    Yes, the high dose ibuprofen works too....800 mg (4 tabs), three times a day. I've found that some patients have less difficulty taking meds 2 times a day...and have had better luck with the aleve. I agree Dr S.---I'd actually recommend that anyone who's lifting and especially if one is on supplements of any sort....that you take glucosamine and chondroitin...studies have shown that the combo at least helps to maintain current cartilage health....in some people. It definately can't hurt!

Thread Information