TCEL300 is offline Member

Traps/Shoulder help

whats going on guys..my right trap muscle is all messed up...this has happened before and i go to a chiro. and get it fixed but i was wondering if there is anything i can do to prevent this...i warm up with a few light sets..stretch properly...but when im doing heavy reps for traps (shrugs) my right trap will drop down..and i appear to be leaning to my right...when my shirt is off u can really see the difference...its not to painful its just a pain to go to the dr. get cracked and then it happen a month later...any help?...can i fix it myself?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    sounds more of a muscualr problem. sprain strain of the trap and SCM muscles.9aka torticollis) i would check out a massage therapist(one that has a licences and does sports relted massage + deep tissue work) ice 20 minutes 3-5 times a day. no heat. and lay off the shrugs and high pulls or any shoulder movements until it stops.(this just happened to me a month ago so i now your pain) i like ibuprofen 800mg twice a day.helps with the inflamation and pain. as far as prevention, stetching before and after workouts, iceing after workouts and properly warm up. all these MAY help but there are no guarantees. always use proper form .use less wegiht and make sure your form on all exercises is flawless.

thanks man i appreciate the help..im about to leave to get a massage...see how it works out...i appreicate the help

Quote Originally Posted by TCEL300
    thanks man i appreciate the help..im about to leave to get a massage...see how it works out...i appreicate the help
    keep me posted, also ART(active release technique0 can also help and it workd real quick. some chiro's practice this, i myself do not so ican't telll you a great deal about it, you can make some call to see who specialzes in this or look it up on the net, i am sure you can find a list doc's who practice this in your area.

it feels a lot better...still some tightness...i dont know if he practices ART...some1 from my work sent me to him because he massages the muscles first before he realignes you..i had been sick with a sinus infection all week..he cracked something high up in my the back of my neck..it opened up my sinus's it was pretty cool..i can breath a lot easier now...im just relaxing my back right now...back day isnt until saturday..so im thinkn if i feel ok..then i will take it easy on back day lighter weights..watch the high rows as you said..if its still reall tight im gonna take it off

Quote Originally Posted by TCEL300
    it feels a lot better...still some tightness...i dont know if he practices ART...some1 from my work sent me to him because he massages the muscles first before he realignes you..i had been sick with a sinus infection all week..he cracked something high up in my the back of my neck..it opened up my sinus's it was pretty cool..i can breath a lot easier now...im just relaxing my back right now...back day isnt until saturday..so im thinkn if i feel ok..then i will take it easy on back day lighter weights..watch the high rows as you said..if its still reall tight im gonna take it off
    sounds liek he adjusted C1 and maybe C2 as well. works well with cervicogenic headaches, sinus, and sometime asthma patients. doesn't work for everyone just those with a subluxation at that vertebral level. well if your chiro is helping great. i am not certified in ART nor do i practice it, but i do know it does wonders and when i am hurt thats the type of practiconer i go to for muscle injuries. ask him if he knows ART and like i said with a few phone calls or an internet search you can find someone who specializes in this. but if you current Doc is helping, by all means stick w it!!!

take off this wk, trust me one wk off of shoulders never made a damn of a difference.

Thread Information