KOLE is offline New Member

Patellar Tendonitis

I used to run everyday. I have it bad in my left knee and it's starting to happen to the right one since I subconciously favor it i guess. It sucks cuz it makes it virtually impossible to do most lower leg excercises. so lunges and squats are out, even though I have the muscle to do them. I need help controlling/reversing this probem, any suggestions? I used deca and that sh!t worked great but caused 'other' problems. In demon deacon's post, someone suggested naproxin for his elbow, but is there anything over the counter or less toxic that would/could work for me? thanks guys.

liftergirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE
    I used to run everyday. I have it bad in my left knee and it's starting to happen to the right one since I subconciously favor it i guess. It sucks cuz it makes it virtually impossible to do most lower leg excercises. so lunges and squats are out, even though I have the muscle to do them. I need help controlling/reversing this probem, any suggestions? I used deca and that sh!t worked great but caused 'other' problems. In demon deacon's post, someone suggested naproxin for his elbow, but is there anything over the counter or less toxic that would/could work for me? thanks guys.
    what does your knee feel like when you press on the patella? Who diagnosed you with patellar tendonitis? How did you first notice the pain feeling? And.... naproxyn is the generic name of aleve (otc).

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    do you use knee wraps for leg exercises? you may be able to squat if you buy quality knee wraps.

liftergirl is offline Female Member
    kole--how are you doing?

KOLE is offline New Member
    I'm doing okay, actually...it's sore...and i walk instead of run. I just ice it and it feels better the next morning. as for the diagnosis, it was the podiatrist.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Eliminate all open chain leg movements.

I ruptured BOTH patellar tendons from very bad tendonitis, and trust me, you never want to experience that.

~SC~

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    During any exercise regiment, whether for rehabilitation purposes or for strengthening purposes, there are two types of Kinetic Chain Exercises used. The first is Open Kinetic Chain Exercises (OKCE). These exercises are performed typically were the foot is free to move. These exercises are typically non-weight bearing, with the movement occurring at the knee joint. If there is any weight applied it is applied to the distal portion of the limb. Examples of these exercises would be knee extensions and straight leg raises. OKCE concentrates on a strong quadricep contraction, which will strengthen the quadriceps and restore quadricep power output

The second exercise used is Closed Kinetic Chain Exercise (CKCE). CKCE are performed where the foot is fixed and cannot move. The foot remains in constant contact with the surface, usually the ground or the base of a machine. These exercises are typically weight bearing exercises, where an athlete or patient uses their own body weight and/ or external weight. When external weight is added it is usually rested across the back of the shoulders or the front of the chest. Examples of these exercises would be the Squat (both front and back), Leg Press, Lung, Power Clean, and Snatch. CKCE concentrates on a co-contraction of the quadriceps, hamstrings, hip flexors, soleus, and gastrocnemius muscles . Also this is a multi-joint movement, which focuses on the knee, hip, and ankle. CKCE are labeled as being "sport specific movements"

Thread Information