Thread: Arm Pain

J_DAWG is offline New Member

Question Arm Pain

I'm having a pain in my left humerus. It feels like it's tearing from the muscle (anyone who has ever had shin splints from running on a hard surface knows this pain). Anyway, it's really pissing me off b/c I can't work out. Should I ace wrap it, see a doctor, or wait it out?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    how did it start? r u sure it isnt the delt?have u iced?

It started a couple of weeks ago. At first I would have pains in my forearm bones from curling (that started months ago). It felt like the bones were ripping out of my arms. That's still is a problem and why I don't do barcurls anymore. Now it seems the pain is spreading across my one arm and it really affects my workout. Right now I'm just working out my lower body and abs b/c the pain keeps coming back.

I haven't iced and it's def. not the delt. I'll try icing.

liftergirl is offline Female Member
    where on your forearms did it start? where was the pain specifically spreading too? which exercises besides barcurls hurt?

My forearm pain just started with the bone just hurting after I did the curls. As soon as I would let go of the bar they would really hurt. They really aren't a big deal b/c it doesn't mess up my upperbody workout, but my humerus pain hurts w/ every lift I do. Every exercise I do for upperbody (b/s abs) is using that arm and I can't workout for more than 15 min w/o pain. I'm going to try taking 2 wks. off, only thing is wrestling is starting soon for hs and this really could hurt my performing and training.

Do you think I should ice it?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by J_DAWG
    My forearm pain just started with the bone just hurting after I did the curls. As soon as I would let go of the bar they would really hurt. They really aren't a big deal b/c it doesn't mess up my upperbody workout, but my humerus pain hurts w/ every lift I do. Every exercise I do for upperbody (b/s abs) is using that arm and I can't workout for more than 15 min w/o pain. I'm going to try taking 2 wks. off, only thing is wrestling is starting soon for hs and this really could hurt my performing and training.

Do you think I should ice it?
    YES 3-5 times a day for 20 min

Thread Information