nalbano34 is offline Member

rib strain I think

This may sound rediculous but I was doing leg presses on a vertical machine when I thought I might try to get a better range of motion.....lowered that ****er and felt a horrible pain in my left side right near the serratus muscles......what the hell could that be? It has been giving me pain for about 3 weeks and gets better at times but was almost unbearable for a week or so....anybody...........................

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    may be muscle strain of the serratus or an underlying intecostal muscle. not much you cando for that except let it heal

does it hurt when you sneeze or laugh?

liftergirl is offline Female Member
    or take a deep breath?

nalbano34 is offline Member
    sorry it took me so long to get back to your replies and thank you for the input....yes it DID hurt when I did anything and would tighten at the slightest movement. I took off for a week and seems to be a lot better....but still wonder why it happened? I was lowering the weight?? Anybody

liftergirl is offline Female Member
    glad you're feeling better....muscle strains can happen pretty easily... and even tho you were lowering the weight, not thinking you were actually utilizing muscles at the time...you actually were. You have to use additional stabalizing muscles when you're lowering the weight...and if you went lower than you were used to, those muscles were additioanlly stressed. Glad you let them rest.... try additional stretches b/4 doing it again. Good luck!
    "Medical advice given on this board can not be case specific, but often times with the injuries/symptoms/etc discussed, this is what is recommended. In order to get it fully evaluated, you should address it with your primary physician or health care provider"

sometimes these things just happen, hard to explain why. imporoper stretching or not properly warming up are the usual causes/

Thread Information