AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member

On and off burning sensation in shoulder.

Sunday at work i helped this chick down from a ledge. She's only 105 lbs, small thing. But when i broght her down she came down further on my right side and i bore more weoght on my right shoulder. I felt i strain but no immediant pain. Monday i did arms and shoulders. Felt fine. Did laterall raises,bent over lateral raises and shrugs. No problems.
    Tuesday, i noticed small, short lived, pains. It seemed to happen on rotary movements when i noticed it, however, when i tried to reacreate the movement that did it, i couldnt. I cant make it hurt.

Wednesday night i did squats. not problems. But during the day at work i felt some slight burning sensation in my shoulder. Again, short lived and couldnt reacreate it.

Today, thursday same thing as wednesday.
    Im thinking i may have pinched a nerve perhaps? Otherwise, why cant i reacreat the pain if its a tear?
    I have no pain most of the day, and have full range of motion.

Anyone else feel a burn in shoulders due to a tear?

Im thinking of not doing chest and back tom'w.

opinons?

liftergirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    Sunday at work i helped this chick down from a ledge. She's only 105 lbs, small thing. But when i broght her down she came down further on my right side and i bore more weoght on my right shoulder. I felt i strain but no immediant pain. Monday i did arms and shoulders. Felt fine. Did laterall raises,bent over lateral raises and shrugs. No problems.
    Tuesday, i noticed small, short lived, pains. It seemed to happen on rotary movements when i noticed it, however, when i tried to reacreate the movement that did it, i couldnt. I cant make it hurt.

Wednesday night i did squats. not problems. But during the day at work i felt some slight burning sensation in my shoulder. Again, short lived and couldnt reacreate it.

Today, thursday same thing as wednesday.
    Im thinking i may have pinched a nerve perhaps? Otherwise, why cant i reacreat the pain if its a tear?
    I have no pain most of the day, and have full range of motion.

Anyone else feel a burn in shoulders due to a tear?

Im thinking of not doing chest and back tom'w.

opinons?
    Just got your pm; if you arent having pain with the motions I mentioned, that points away from it being a rotator cuff tear. With RTC tears, you cant even do those motions without difficulty. You easily may have had some inflammation in the muscle/tendon areas that was impinging on a nerve. Try some ice and anti-inflammatory meds. I cant specifically say for you, but for a lot of strains, that type of treatment helps. Good luck! And, good for you for taking a bit of time off.....that helps a TON!!!

thanks girl. i guess if it was torn at all i would ave major problems moving it in rotation movemets. My dad had a tear on his han he couldnt even raise it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    thanks girl. i guess if it was torn at all i would ave major problems moving it in rotation movemets. My dad had a tear on his han he couldnt even raise it.
    you could definately have strained it; and regardless of the fact that i doubt that it's torn; you should still take it easy and stay away from those exercises. have you ever injured your shoulder before???

Quote Originally Posted by liftergirl
    you could definately have strained it; and regardless of the fact that i doubt that it's torn; you should still take it easy and stay away from those exercises. have you ever injured your shoulder before???
    well i just did chest and back today, minus the deadlift though. I did flyes, incline bench, and closegrip pulldowns.

No pain on any.

I have always noticed though that my right shoulder does have a "click" in it, and on the inc. bench the right shoulder just gives out way before the left. I think my left is bigger also. I think maybe my right is loser in the socket then my left.
    I havent ever realll had a bad shoulder injury though. I did use to wrestle though and it defenently has been strained doing that, but nothing that seemed permanant. Of course, i cant remember quite when the clicking started

the clicking is probalby nothing. are you right or left handed? when you wrestled, did you notice a difference in strength? what about as you lift now? the right gives out b/4 the left, but is that b/c it's weaker as far as strength is concerned? or due to pain?

the clicking is probalby nothing. are you right or left handed? when you wrestled, did you notice a difference in strength? what about as you lift now? the right gives out b/4 the left, but is that b/c it's weaker as far as strength is concerned? or due to pain?
    im righty.
    and the shoulder just gives out before the other, but its just fatigue, it stops working, not pain.

I never noticed a difference in strengh when i wrestled or now when i lift. I mean, the only difference is the left usually gets one more clean rep or two than the right. I notice on laterall raises the left is stronger. On dumbell shoulder press its, just a tad stronger than the right.

I been doubling up on glucosamine the past few days just to make sure.

ok. you likely have just used your R more than the left over time....and that's probably what the clicking is from...I wonder if you strained it a long time ago though since you've had more strength in your left. People can have small rotator cuff tears or small injuries that they dont realize happens, then dont do the proper rehab due to not knowing it's happened...and just favor the other arm more than the injured one...and by the time they realize the injured one is weaker, there's been scar tissue form and so it's hard to recover the strength as easy. Make sense?

You also may have some degree of inflammation of areas of the joint (bursitis for example). Either way, the glucosamine and chondroitin (you're taking the combo, right? ) will not hurt at all. You may benefit from a few extra shoulder exercises of your left shoulder....may strengthen it to the point so that it's equal to your right.
    Hope you continue to improve

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    when you start to feel better, grab some bands or dumbels and strengthen the cuff muscles. lifter girl has a great diagram of the exercises. internal. external rotation and front raises are the ticket! i do the for what i cal"pre-habilitation" to try to prevent these types of injuies do to my powerlifting nonsene. now it is no guarantee that i can'tinjure my shoulders, but less likely .good luck any questions just ask!

i agree with dr sust--the exercises for prevention of shoulder injuries are what i was referring to when i recommended doing exercises to strengthen up your weaker shoulder. They should help a lot! check your pm's....i sent you the handout of exercises . good luck!!

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i agree with dr sust--the exercises for prevention of shoulder injuries are what i was referring to when i recommended doing exercises to strengthen up your weaker shoulder. They should help a lot! check your pm's....i sent you the handout of exercises . good luck!!
    always one step ahead of the game, lifter girl rules!!what up with the board giving you a proper title? pm me an update if you get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    always one step ahead of the game, lifter girl rules!!what up with the board giving you a proper title? pm me an update if you get a chance.

thanks i try

Thread Information