pyschomab is offline Associate Member

Exclamation hyperextended ELBOW - ouch!!!

well it all started in April. I had an MMA fight and I was suppose to fight intermediate but the only guy closest to my wieght was some pro - he wasnt a great pro since he lost his last 4 fights but a pro non the less. long story short he was a bad wrestler took him down exchanged punches for a little bit then I just remember my arm striaghtening and I hear a crunching sound! and It was over! my arm was hyperextended I could feel it. luckily it went back to its original position. it pulsed with pain. when i heard the crunch it was not bone but the cartiladge or that vein that runs down your arm or something cuase I felt it as well. for a week I couldnt bend my arm full or straighten it fully! I did R.I.C.E and I smothered it in icy hot and tiger balm cause I love the way it smells. after about a month! my are was back to normal! besides a few set backs when I thought my arm was normal but not! but the problem is it feels wrong! like its not healed completely! I know if I warm up a little and get my blood flowing before I do excersizes it feels a little better but just a tiny bit! its hard to explain! when I box and punch out and if I miss and fully extend my arm! I feel some pain that normall I wouldnt. if I put my arm straight on a table shoulder and all and lift my forearm to a 90 degree angle as if I were to arm wrestle someone and push my (right arm) down to the right as If I were losing an arm wrestle match the spot around i guess you would say the funny bone starts to hurt! . when I do pull ups or push ups I can feel strain on that same area. if im caught in an americana it hurts and wont feel good for a few days. and well i think if i got another armbar it would be excrutiating! its been a few months! and I want to get rid of this small annoying problem! If someone has experience with this or has an Idea of how to get my Elbow back to 100 percent condition! it would be really appreciated!

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Hehe I have had this happen to both of my elbows, now I have tendonitis in my left and my right arms just pops. My left elbow pain will not go away and I have not lifted or done any kind of fighting etc... for the past 2 months. My right elbow healed fast and on it's own. I got x-rays done and everything, but the doctors couldn't find anything other then the obviously swelling near the tendon. Your elbow might heal like my right in time, or it might get screwed like my left, hopefully it ends up like my right. Talk to your doctor and see what they say they might have you do some PT, as that is what they suggested for me.

Thanks hopefully it will heal right in time! but it doesnt seem like its healing right!

Yeah like I said go to your doc and see if you need some kind of physical therapy. What I found helps to relieve my pain is some light exercises for the elbow before I used to do my workouts. I would do some really light 1 handed skull crushers 10lbs, some light one arm db bench press. Anything to get blood flow to the area, and then my workouts would go on nearly painless.

thanks I noticed that when I warm up its not as bad before I work out or excersize, but ill do some light lifting and see if that works !

Well I finally got back to the gym this Monday and I must say that after two months rest, and a good warm up I can't say I felt much pain in the elbow. So if you heal anything like I do you should be fine. GL

ive already incorporated some light wieght workouts for my elbows before working out! it has helped and if I heal like you do! ill let you know!

Thread Information