djoc is offline Junior Member

wrist injury still here

I injured my wrist while doing flat bench about 2 months ago. The bar slipped back bending my hand back. Its been a while now but I still have pain in my wrist when I bend it back. My question is I have avoided training my upper body do to the wrist prob, has anybody had a wrist injury? if so how long till it was heeled??

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i have, but nothing major, no fracture. everyone heals different so it is impossible to say 4 sure. do you wrap your wrists?? when my wrists are shot i wrap and feel zero pain. you need good wraps, not these no name brands. checkout inzer advanced designs, or titan support systems. quality wraps!!! did you see your primary care physician? x-rays?

nalbano34 is offline Member
    mine drives me ****in' crazy....I really just try as much as possible to work around it. It has been about 4 months now but still gives me trouble.......not enough to stop the workouts though!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck with it

Talking

No I havent gone to the doctor yet but I think I might head down there. As far as wrist wraps go I have never used them, but ill go buy a pair on payday. Hopefully they help out so I can back into trainig hard. Thanks for the replies..

liftergirl is offline Female Member
    i agree....wrist sprains can take a LONG time to heal! Wraps are great b/c they take most of the pressure off the area that's needing to heal. I agree with Dr S....the ones that aren't quality aren't going to provide near enough support for you....especially after you've injured it. I've seen some people get by on the cheap ones just for protection....but NOT after an injury! Be sure to let your Dr know when you injured it, and hopefully, she/he will be able to give you some good advice on where to get the braces. Is it still swollen at all??? Hairline or nondisplaced fractures can also cause the the type of pain you're having....but a lot of times, there is some degree of swelling involved. Good luck! Keep us updated!

Quote Originally Posted by djoc
    No I havent gone to the doctor yet but I think I might head down there. As far as wrist wraps go I have never used them, but ill go buy a pair on payday. Hopefully they help out so I can back into trainig hard. Thanks for the replies..
    make sure theyare inzer, or titan wraps! you can order them on the internet. please don't buy garbage wraps. lifter girl is 100% right! they will do very little if they are the generic kind

I ended up going to the doc yesterday, he didnt tell me much. He said I probably didnt need x-rays but that I more than likely sprained it. It only seems to hurt when its bent back not forward, but its really starting to piss me off cause Im just starting up my new cycle and this was the last thing I needed. But I will take your advice and get some straps. I let ya know how that turns out..

I ended up going to the doc yesterday, he didnt tell me much. He said I probably didnt need x-rays but that I more than likely sprained it. It only seems to hurt when its bent back not forward, but its really starting to piss me off cause Im just starting up my new cycle and this was the last thing I needed. But I will take your advice and get some straps. I let ya know how that turns out..
    not straps, WRIST WRAPS big difference between the 2. remember to get a good pair!!!

Right wrist wraps not straps!!! My bad, Im buying some tommorow hopefully the store I go to has them..

Right wrist wraps not straps!!! My bad, Im buying some tommorow hopefully the store I go to has them..
    if they don't say inzer or titan, don't buy them. i will give you the internet site to order them.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    It could be hyperextended.. that and sprains are tedious to heal... rest it when you can and AVOID things that agrivate it... when you feel the pain its because your making it do something it doesn't want to do! Follow sust's advice on wrist wraps to support it, and look into a couple of physio appt's, they will speed up recovery and restore ROM

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    It could be hyperextended.. that and sprains are tedious to heal... rest it when you can and AVOID things that agrivate it... when you feel the pain its because your making it do something it doesn't want to do! Follow sust's advice on wrist wraps to support it, and look into a couple of physio appt's, they will speed up recovery and restore ROM
    great knowledege of rehab!! do you do this professionaly?

hmmm...another chiropractor, md, do or physical therapist amongst us??? good advice nms!

djoc--if you cant get physio appointments, let us know, we'll find a few exercises you can do at home to help! Any luck on getting those wraps??

Quote Originally Posted by liftergirl
    hmmm...another chiropractor, md, do or physical therapist amongst us??? good advice nms!

djoc--if you cant get physio appointments, let us know, we'll find a few exercises you can do at home to help! Any luck on getting those wraps??
    seems possible that we do have another!!!hahaha!!

awesome!!!

Sorry I didnt reply sooner, I just finished movining into a new place in a new city. Anyway I did buy some wraps, they seem to be working great. There's still slight pain after I do a chest workout out but besides that all is well. If you knew any exercises for rehab on the wrist could you let me know? Thanks

Sorry I didnt reply sooner, I just finished movining into a new place in a new city. Anyway I did buy some wraps, they seem to be working great. There's still slight pain after I do a chest workout out but besides that all is well. If you knew any exercises for rehab on the wrist could you let me know? Thanks
    did you listen and buy the wraps i told you to buy? wridt rehab? you can work on wrist extension and flexion movements with a curl bar or strengthen you grip, but in your case i think you just needed rest and not rehab
    Last edited by Doc.Sust; 10-31-2005 at 01:53 PM.

Thread Information