Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mario_ps2's Avatar
    mario_ps2 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    335

    don't know if it's a bicep tear, bicep tendon inflammed, or shoulder/rotator cuff

    It's been about a week since this little pain started in my right lower bicep. It feels as if I had worked out the bicep/soreness the day after. I notice that when I curl my arm as if I'm doing hammer curls, the bicep does not hurt but when I try a regular curl, I feel little pain on my lower bicep. Also, when my elbow is bent and I unbended, the pain comes again in my lower bicep..

    Could this be a tiny bicep tear?
    Can it be an inflammed tendon or bicep strain?

    I'm not in great pain, just feel a little pain. I also have some problems with my same shoulder..burning sensations and pains.

    I can still do heavy bench press or curls but I just don't feel comfortable doing this...I'm worried about this pain.

    Thanks for the help in advance....

  2. #2
    abstrack's Avatar
    abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,513
    probably just inflamed. If it was a tear you would be all bruised up.

  3. #3
    mario_ps2's Avatar
    mario_ps2 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    probably just inflamed. If it was a tear you would be all bruised up.
    Do you mean my skin would be like purple color?

  4. #4
    abstrack's Avatar
    abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,513
    yup, you would bruise up like a bruise does where it hurts

  5. #5
    farrebarre's Avatar
    farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,407
    dude, the thing about ur shoulder, go to the doc right now before ur shoulder gets like mine, i just started a thread about my injury. i felt that pain in my right shoulder somewhre in june-july, and it still hurts and ive been out of the gym sinbce, sometimes i cant sleep coz of the pain. been to the doc 4 times and got pills, gels, cortision shots and all that and it still hurts like a bitch. GO TO A DOC BEFORE UR SHOULDER GETS WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #6
    mario_ps2's Avatar
    mario_ps2 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    335
    The shoulder has been like this for a 5-6 months or probably more. It doesnt really bother me that much but i'm going to start doing cuff rotator exercises before and after bench press, or better yet.. before every upper body exercise. What do you guys think???

    I also notice that my upper forearm hurts just a bit...like if it's radiating from my bicep. But I have started with conservative treatment with ibuphrofen...200 mg 4 times a day and ice it 4/times a day.

    Do you guys think the bicep strain or whatever it is... has to do with my shoulder... meaning that the problem could have come from this chronic shoulder?

  7. #7
    Doc.Sust's Avatar
    Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    a van down by the river!
    Posts
    11,248
    Quote Originally Posted by mario_ps2
    The shoulder has been like this for a 5-6 months or probably more. It doesnt really bother me that much but i'm going to start doing cuff rotator exercises before and after bench press, or better yet.. before every upper body exercise. What do you guys think???

    I also notice that my upper forearm hurts just a bit...like if it's radiating from my bicep. But I have started with conservative treatment with ibuphrofen...200 mg 4 times a day and ice it 4/times a day.

    Do you guys think the bicep strain or whatever it is... has to do with my shoulder... meaning that the problem could have come from this chronic shoulder?
    yep, bicep tendon and themuscle can both be hurt, when the bicep tendon is injured, it often present as front delt pain rather than pain in the bi itself. do you ice the shoulder??? you should be icing it every day. honestly 5-6months is to long , you need to see a doc. few simple ortho' tests , and he may be ablle to tell you whats up. working the cuff is a good idea but it may not be a otator cuff muscle. keep the weight light and reps high. i recomend front and lateral delt work as welll as internal and external rotation for everyone. it can't hurt. also stay away from movement that make it hurt. if you have to curl, and regular curls make it hurt, but hammers don't stick with the hammers for a few weeks. also give yourself time to heal. since you are hurt, cut back on some exercises and weight. better to undertrain then overtrain. also you may benefit from deeo tissue massage or A.R.T. i would ry this first for a 3-4wks. no improvement, get your ass to an orthopod

  8. #8
    liftergirl is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    yup, you would bruise up like a bruise does where it hurts
    usually with a bicep tendon tear, you also get a knot in the lower part of your bicep....along with buising. But, i've also seen small tears that dont get brusied, just pain....more along the delt than anywhere else.

  9. #9
    liftergirl is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    yep, bicep tendon and themuscle can both be hurt, when the bicep tendon is injured, it often present as front delt pain rather than pain in the bi itself. do you ice the shoulder??? you should be icing it every day. honestly 5-6months is to long , you need to see a doc. few simple ortho' tests , and he may be ablle to tell you whats up. working the cuff is a good idea but it may not be a otator cuff muscle. keep the weight light and reps high. i recomend front and lateral delt work as welll as internal and external rotation for everyone. it can't hurt. also stay away from movement that make it hurt. if you have to curl, and regular curls make it hurt, but hammers don't stick with the hammers for a few weeks. also give yourself time to heal. since you are hurt, cut back on some exercises and weight. better to undertrain then overtrain. also you may benefit from deeo tissue massage or A.R.T. i would ry this first for a 3-4wks. no improvement, get your ass to an orthopod
    EXACTLY! If it's been 5-6 mo, you could have a bunch of things going on, b/c your body's tried to heal, and other muscles have attempted to compensate. Id say follow dr sust's advice on the low weight stuff....but honestly, if it's been that long and you've continued to have symptoms, you need a good evaluation. Some MD's who have an interest in sports medicine can do great evals, DO's too. I'd say see someone who's not necessairly a surgeon first. You may need an MRI to get it fully evaluated....and any MD / DO can give you an order to get that done.

  10. #10
    Doc.Sust's Avatar
    Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    a van down by the river!
    Posts
    11,248
    chiro's too can send you for an mri.

  11. #11
    liftergirl is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    177
    woops. sorry. didnt know that the ones in my area of the country dont ever do that!

  12. #12
    Doc.Sust's Avatar
    Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    a van down by the river!
    Posts
    11,248
    Quote Originally Posted by liftergirl
    woops. sorry. didnt know that the ones in my area of the country dont ever do that!
    where do you live?nebraska hahaha j/k

  13. #13
    liftergirl is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    where do you live?nebraska hahaha j/k
    no, but not much different!

  14. #14
    mario_ps2's Avatar
    mario_ps2 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    335
    ...I have about 5 to 6 months or probably more with my shoulder problem.

    But the pain in my lower bicep and upper arm started about 2 week ago. I believe I was doing wide grip pulldowns and it just felt akward doing these motions so I "think" this is what caused the problem.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •