farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member

shoulder injury (help me Doc!)

Hi!

during my second cycle the front of my right shoulder started hurting like a bitch, everytime i would do benchpress it felt as if someone put a huge nail in my shoulder. anyways this was in somewhere in june-july. i thought it would go away so i didnt do anything.

After a while it got worse so i went to my doctor and he said it was an inflammation in the (i dont know what its called in english, but where the muscle attach to whatever it is it attachs to). He gave me 50mg Voltaren pills, i was to take 3/day for about 2-3 weeks.
    It didnt get any better so i went to another doc, i got the same cure, 50mg Voltaren pills 3/day for 2-3weeks.

The third time i went to an orthopedist, he just felt on the shoulder for like 3-5 seconds and said all i needed was cortison, so he gave me a shot of that in the shoulder where i felt the pain (he didnt even wipe the injection site nor wash his hands). He said i would be back at the gym after 1wk - 10 days.

Now its been about 1 month since the i got that shot of cortison, it got alot better but sometimes it still feels like the nail thingy in my shoulder. But now instead i have a pain in the right scapula. I went to a doc a last week he said my shoulder was alot better but that i had muscular pain so she gave me the 50mg Voltaren pills again... and said that if i didnt get better after that they would send me to x-ray.

What do you think it is ? and what should i do to strengthen the tendons and joints in my shoulders?
    And most important of all, will i be able to go back to the gym within a month???

THNX FOR ANY HELP !!!

ive also used Tigerbalm, Voltaren gel, Orudis gel, Siduro gel.

All of these contain 2,5% ketoprofen except for Tigerbalm, that just increases blood circulation in the area u rub it into.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by farrebarre
    ive also used Tigerbalm, Voltaren gel, Orudis gel, Siduro gel.

All of these contain 2,5% ketoprofen except for Tigerbalm, that just increases blood circulation in the area u rub it into.
    sounds like you did a little damage. you need an mri not an xray to see what going on, it is way to long for the pain to be there. i think it is more than a simple sprain/ strain of the front delt, since the scap, hurts, it sounds to me if it is the rotator cuff, which is made up of 4 seperate muscles. i still would ice before and after working out for 20 minutes and i would also seek out someone who does active release technique or deep tissue masage to see if that helps. when the meds and cortisone doesn't work, that to me means something is wrong and only way to be sure is the mri. probably a slight tear not a complete one. get that ortho to refer you for the mri today!

thnx for the help doc. im gonna see what mri means in swedish then talk to my doc about it. u mentioned separate muscels, and it made me remember that sometimes even my tricep/bicep hurt and my traps etc. anyway i really appreciate it man thnx alot for helping me !!

btw doc, does MRI stand for Magnetic Resonance Imaging ??

btw doc, does MRI stand for Magnetic Resonance Imaging ??
    yes sir! glad i could help.

liftergirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    sounds like you did a little damage. you need an mri not an xray to see what going on, it is way to long for the pain to be there. i think it is more than a simple sprain/ strain of the front delt, since the scap, hurts, it sounds to me if it is the rotator cuff, which is made up of 4 seperate muscles. i still would ice before and after working out for 20 minutes and i would also seek out someone who does active release technique or deep tissue masage to see if that helps. when the meds and cortisone doesn't work, that to me means something is wrong and only way to be sure is the mri. probably a slight tear not a complete one. get that ortho to refer you for the mri today!
    i'd agree....you need an mri; an xray's basically gonna say that you dont have a fracture. and i'd say get the mri before getting the active release technique done....if it's slightly torn now, with additional stress applied to it, it may make it worse. good luck!
    "Medical advice given on this board can not be case specific, but often times with the injuries/symptoms/etc discussed, this is what is recommended. In order to get it fully evaluated, you should address it with your primary physician or health care provider"

Quote Originally Posted by liftergirl
    i'd agree....you need an mri; an xray's basically gonna say that you dont have a fracture. and i'd say get the mri before getting the active release technique done....if it's slightly torn now, with additional stress applied to it, it may make it worse. good luck!
    you can deep tissue work done before an mri. if the tear was being made worse, the patient would know in minutes. besides aren't all muscle strains reallly a slight tear, just different grades of how severe? i know if i sent everyone i see with muscle pain for an mri , that the local mri place would be rolling in loot. i say conservative care can be done first, and if no improvement in 4-6wks then mri time. but if it is so severe than mri first, best advice get checked out by a primary care doc, if he doesn't think youneed the mri then conservative care.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    you can deep tissue work done before an mri. if the tear was being made worse, the patient would know in minutes. besides aren't all muscle strains reallly a slight tear, just different grades of how severe? i know if i sent everyone i see with muscle pain for an mri , that the local mri place would be rolling in loot. i say conservative care can be done first, and if no improvement in 4-6wks then mri time. but if it is so severe than mri first, best advice get checked out by a primary care doc, if he doesn't think youneed the mri then conservative care.
    i agree....but if it's been going on since june/july, and he's done some degree of conservative care already...wouldnt it be better to check it out with mri now?
    "Medical advice given on this board can not be case specific, but often times with the injuries/symptoms/etc discussed, this is what is recommended. In order to get it fully evaluated, you should address it with your primary physician or health care provider"

Quote Originally Posted by liftergirl
    i agree....but if it's been going on since june/july, and he's done some degree of conservative care already...wouldnt it be better to check it out with mri now?
    you know what, the mri at this point cant hurt and is a god idea in the first place, so i will agree with you

i would like check it out with mri, but the problem here is that you have to go to the doctor and if he/she thinks its a good idea they send you to the mri thingy.. but my doc seems to be stupid or something

i would like check it out with mri, but the problem here is that you have to go to the doctor and if he/she thinks its a good idea they send you to the mri thingy.. but my doc seems to be stupid or something
    honestly, if you've been having that much pain for that long, and have done the proper rehab, getting an mri would be a no-brainer. hopefully your doc is reasonable enough to do it!

im really worried about this thing, the pain...i cant sleep at night.. lets say they send me to the mri and find out that you guys was right, then what? i mean there aint any medication that helps, is the only option a surgery? will i ever be able to workout again? damnit i just had a surgery 2 months ago.. omfg wtf should i do..
    Last edited by farrebarre; 11-13-2005 at 07:53 AM.

Two words... Rotator Cuff.

three muscles that keep your shoulder in its socket and a big bitch when it comes to heavy lifting. they get really beat up when it comes to over head and bench presses.

You've probably been ignoring them in your workouts and they arent up to par with the rest of your muscle groups. You'll be stuck stretching rubber bands in wierd positions, but once you get your shoulder locked back in you'll be able to tear it up again in the gym.

Do these...
    http://familydoctor.org/265.xml

How do I know? I had the same problem. It takes patience working on those cuffs but once you get them locked back in you can forget the shoulder pain altogether and get heavy on the shoulders to blow em up. I never thought I would be doing the weight I am now with my shoulders but it took 3 months on those damn bands to strengthen them up. i still do the exercises in warm up to make sure they are nice and tight. peace.

thnx alot bro, im gonna try those exercises starting RIGHT NOW, damnit i cant believe im not gonna be able to workout for a couple of more months, had a cycle planned for december, just my luck..

you may be able to lift light and do the rehab. those exercises are money! they willl help alot!

omfg i aint joking, i did exercise 2-4 (didnt have ahigh enough bed/table for exercise 1). i have to say my shoulder feels like its never been better

THNX ALOT YOU GUYS, I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

good work, now keep doing them and dont stop even when you are at 100%

should i let them rest or do the excersises everyday?

3 days a wk. every otherday.

aiight, thnx alot man !!!!

no prob!

oh one more question hehe, is there anything i can do to speed it all up? i got some dbols left and some creatine.. or is that a bad idea?

the water retention from thedbol and creatine will help. deca would work the best.

aiight thnx once again doc!

Thread Information