Bigsky91 is offline New Member

Pec injury Priceless

I tore my pec on Monday, doing bench. It really hurts. Wasn't completly gone though. Was able to see my doctor that did a couple of my surgeries on Tuesday. Got an MRI the same day. He was able to tell me from their that I wouldn't need any surgery thank god!! Told me though that it would take about six weeks before I should even start thinking about stretching it. Told me that I did a number on it. Also told me that I will have a permanent indentation where it was hamburgered.

I guess my question is it going to be an injury that I will be able to come back from? The Dr. who also does triatholons showed me his torn calf muscle. I just don't won't my pec to turn out like his calf.

If I can get pics of the bruising when it starts I will post them..

Let me know your thoughts on how I should take care of this
    I definitly want to follow the Dr. advice but also want to heal as fast as possible

Fawk man. Nobody likes to here that sh1t from their doc. You didnt ask him if you would be able to train again?

Bigsky91 is offline New Member
    Said that I would be able to train again but I should definitly go and adjust my workout to prevent injury. I just don't think that I will be able to get bigger without, moving lots of weight. Anybodies opinion will be a lot of help? Please give me your opinion on what I should do.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    sure you can get bigger with oput moving heavier weights, most body builders train with weigths they can do for 10 to 12 reps. thats a lot lighter weight than a single rep max. i am a powerlifter, i know others in my sport that have made comebacks after blowing a pec.(guys name that comes to mind is confeesore,after he blew his pec he cam back maybe 2 years later with a 500+ bench) its not the end of the world, follow the dr's advice rehab and start REAL light, and in time you will be back, just don't push it too soon.

Thread Information