JerzeyBoy is offline Member

Advice on a chiropractor (need help!!!)

I have just started seeing a chiropractor for pain in my lower back and neck, as a matter of fact so far only had one appointment. I went in and he laid me down for about 20 min's with these heating pads than he came in and cracked my back and neck. I felt amazing once it was done, and it lasted for about 2 hours and now it hurts even worse. My question is should I keep going, maybe after a couple of appointments I'll finally feel the results and the pain will leave?? Or is he making me worse? What do you guys think?? Also, I've dislocated my shoulder a while back, would a chiropractor be able to fix that? Perhaps pop my shoulder back into place? That'll be outstanding...

Please people I need feedback, I'm supposed to go again on Friday...

thanks in advance,

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    if ur in a hurry PM doc.sust he is a chripractor so if anyone knows anything on this forum about that its him!!

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyBoy
    I have just started seeing a chiropractor for pain in my lower back and neck, as a matter of fact so far only had one appointment. I went in and he laid me down for about 20 min's with these heating pads than he came in and cracked my back and neck. I felt amazing once it was done, and it lasted for about 2 hours and now it hurts even worse. My question is should I keep going, maybe after a couple of appointments I'll finally feel the results and the pain will leave?? Or is he making me worse? What do you guys think?? Also, I've dislocated my shoulder a while back, would a chiropractor be able to fix that? Perhaps pop my shoulder back into place? That'll be outstanding...

Please people I need feedback, I'm supposed to go again on Friday...

thanks in advance,
    did someone say my name? hahaha. ok so you had a bad reaction to your first adjustment, this is normal, when making postural chnges and manipulation to areas that are out of juxtaposition or areas of acute muscle spasms, the firt few adjustments can be painful. it will get better though. also personally i don't like theheat and it makes an acute injury worse. ask the doc to use ice instead. andif you are hurting now, ice for 20 minutes 3-5 times a day.. as for a dislocated shoulder, unless it is out of place not much we can do. yes certain chiro's specialize in extremity adjusting,but by having your AC joint manipulated will not fix the ligament laxity caused by the initial dislocation. once the ligaments are stretched they stay stretched, therfore more prone for the same dislocation to re-occur. any other questions?

JerzeyBoy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    did someone say my name? hahaha. ok so you had a bad reaction to your first adjustment, this is normal, when making postural chnges and manipulation to areas that are out of juxtaposition or areas of acute muscle spasms, the firt few adjustments can be painful. it will get better though. also personally i don't like theheat and it makes an acute injury worse. ask the doc to use ice instead. andif you are hurting now, ice for 20 minutes 3-5 times a day.. as for a dislocated shoulder, unless it is out of place not much we can do. yes certain chiro's specialize in extremity adjusting,but by having your AC joint manipulated will not fix the ligament laxity caused by the initial dislocation. once the ligaments are stretched they stay stretched, therfore more prone for the same dislocation to re-occur. any other questions?
    about how many appts do u think ill need to have my back and neck comfortable again?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    different for everyone. usually 6-8 wks. some people heal faster some take longer, depends on alot of factors, if you keep lifting heavy, your age, how quick you heal, what type of work you do,etc etc.

Thread Information