Thread: tendonitis?

tendonitis?

Last March i had to take six weeks off of chest due to a shoulder injury. It started when i moved to 100lb db on flat bench. My shoulder would swell up as shown below and would ache for 2-3 days after doing chest. The only thing that hurt me was dumbell flat bench, but it got so bad i had to take time off. well 8 months later i have the same problem. I no longer do db flat bench, but this time around the swelling came from dumbell military presses, and also only came the day i moved up to 85 lb dumbells. i went to the doc in march, just told me to quit lifting heavy....fvckin quack....anyways i've made my own hypothesis which i believe it is tendonitis. any ideas doc? obviously i dont want to hold back the weights, if you want to see a pic of the other shoulder let me know and i'll post it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tendonitis?-1118051132.jpg  

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i am telling you ice works wonders, ice pre and post workout for your specific case. also sounds like the problem may be withweaker stabilizer muscles. since it only happens with dbells, takes a hell of alot more stabilizer muscles than if using a bar. stay away from movements that make it worse, try front military to the chin only and tell me how that works. also with dbells there is more of a range of motion, you are going beyond the limit of your natural range of motion completely altering your natural bimechanics. when using dbelss for a greater range of motion, don't worry about how heavy you are ging ease up on the movement. if you want to go heavy, do it safely with a straigh bar,smith machine, hammer strength etc etc.

thanks doc...i hate the smith machine, so i guess i'm either going to reduce the weight on the db MP's or try hammer strength...you're probably right with the stabalizers being too weak to handle the weight, but ive used dumbells 90% of my lifting career...i think i can still see results with the 80's on MP, so maybe i'll try using those for awhile...i'll try a few different things and let you know. thanks

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    front barbell military is my favorite. you can even try less weight than 80lb, just until you heal

Thread Information