Thread: Stupid Injury

jsimon is offline Associate Member

Stupid Injury

Anyways I fell backwards on ice outside, and landed on my right arm. Which is my dominate arm. I now have severe pain in my shoulder/delt area. Only when I move it certain directions. I thought it was a pulled muscle, but now im beggining to think I tore somthing since it hasnt recovered for about 5 days now. I do have a doctors appointment monday. I may not be hitting the gym 5 days a week for awhile. My question is as long as my diet is still the same how long is it before I start to lose gains from not being able to lift?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    heal first before you worry about muscle atrophy and strength loss. anything you will lose rehabing you will eventually gain back, i have had to do it plenty of times. worst mistake is to lift before you are ready because you think you will lose strength, it just aggrevates the injury. ice yourself silly and see if that helps and see what your doc says.IMO you can till work out, just do exercises that dont agrevat you conditon, if you can t do any upper body, than hammer your lower.

Quote Originally Posted by jsimon
    My question is as long as my diet is still the same how long is it before I start to lose gains from not being able to lift?
    1 month + depending on the body

Thread Information