speedtraining is offline Senior Member

Heavy Bench and Chest

Do you guys feel when you get your bench up around 380-400 for reps that your more slikely to strain your chest...this is the first time i've ever strained my chest, although its not bad i've been babying it for about a week, this week i trained with 225 to stimulate some blood into it and have been doing push up's at night time...

So i guess i'm asking with the heavier weight are we more likely to have a strain, and what do you guys do when you encounter a strain..thanks fellas speed.

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    I usually lighten the weight up for a week, kinda like you are doing and sometimes do partial reps, the pump is what I really go for on those days since the weight is a little lower, helps me to heal faster and get back to the heavy stuff

speedtraining is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAndromeda73
    I usually lighten the weight up for a week, kinda like you are doing and sometimes do partial reps, the pump is what I really go for on those days since the weight is a little lower, helps me to heal faster and get back to the heavy stuff
    great i feel the same way get the blood in the muscle and it will heal.. i don't want to stretch it too much cause i don't want to over stretch it, im thinking i might need to chill with the flys for a little though in the near future.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    no the weight is harder to push when over 400lbs but it doesnt lead me to have more chest muscle strains, strains just happen from overuse and injury. could happen to me tommorow when warning up with 225lbs, you never know

LOKITSC is offline Junior Member
    I'm going through the same thing right now. Strained my chest with 315, not a super heavy weight for me. I strained it a couple of months ago with 225.

Do you think these chest strains occur from over-use, poor diet, lack of rest or recovery time, or insufficient streching? Just curious.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Im not sure, I am interested though. I have one that has just came back again from 6 months ago. It was fine til I started cutting..who knows.

Thread Information