TheGame826 is offline Member

Chest Injury (sharp pains)

I am coming off of a chest injury. I think I injured myself while doing dips with too much weight attached. The pain comes from the center of my chest but feels like its on the outside of the sternum. It is sharp pains and sometimes would hurt when I put my arms above my head with any weight. It feels as if it is right under the skin but above the bone. Anyone else ever experience anything like this? Oh and more thing, sometimes when I stretch I hear and feel a loud pop and the pain usually subsides.

I've stopped working out completely for the past 2-3 months. I wanna get going again though. I havent lost much size, infact my body fat has never been this low I dont think but I am losing strength and hope to try and maintain it.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    what you described sounds like a subluxated anterir rib, does it hurt with touch? does it hurt when you laugh or sneeze? it also may be a combo of a pes strain and a subluxation. have you tried ice? did the ice help at all? if you ice and within 2-3 days it doesn't feel much different i was go with ant rib as the problem

All Marine is offline New Member
    Last edited by All Marine; 03-14-2006 at 11:27 PM.

Thread Information