shoulder hyperextended

today i was lifting dumbell military presses stupidly without a spotter and when i was extended my right arm completely fell backwards and hyperextended. I heard and felt a couple of pops, and had immediate pain after it happened. The pain subsided after about 10 minutes and i finished my presses. the only thing that swelled up was behind my shoulder near the top of my lat. Still i have no pain, is this anything i should be concerned about?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i did this before and had ALOT of pain. i was using a military with a straigh bar myself, and when i went to rack it one side if the bar went over the top of the rack and the other landed where it was suposed to. i was in alot of pain. if you feel nothing, you are lucky! count your blessings,. advice to all who wil listen, stop using heavy dumbelss for akward pressmovements. try to keep all heavt work to straight bars and smith machines. dbelss require alot of stabilizer muscles, and whn you use crazy weights like 100lbs dbells for a movement like a shoulder press, you are just asking for an accident to happen, just because you can move the wt doesn't mean its a good idea to do it.

It's been 24 hours now. My shoulder is pretty sore, especially if i try to lift it up or do arm circles. It also kind of pops or cracks with wide movements. This is my finals week and i'm going to be home on friday. If its not better by then im going to go see a doctor. Even though i don't have a ton of pain i'm still concerned because it was a pretty nasty sound and movement when it happened.

mamias20918756 is offline Associate Member
    u better go visit a doctor...

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by GunTotingHipGangster
    It's been 24 hours now. My shoulder is pretty sore, especially if i try to lift it up or do arm circles. It also kind of pops or cracks with wide movements. This is my finals week and i'm going to be home on friday. If its not better by then im going to go see a doctor. Even though i don't have a ton of pain i'm still concerned because it was a pretty nasty sound and movement when it happened.
    hold out until the end of your break, if it still hurting go to an orthopedic

Thread Information