Thread: shoulder issue

flyguy7 is offline Associate Member

shoulder issue

I've been getting very faint recurring shoulder pains while I do my chest workouts. I've taken the last two weeks off to try and get rid of whatever it is, and iced the shoulder every night. Is this a rotater issue, anyone have any ideas about getting rid of this so I can get back to heavy lifting quickly?

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    trust me , dont even think about trying to get back to lifting heavy if your shoulder is injured. i know from personal experience. go to the doctor and get it checked out. i battled a shoulder injury for 2 years and was to stubborn to go to the doctor, mainly because i didnt want to miss any football. this however in the longrun prevented me from playing college football which i now greatly regret. get it checked out, shoulders are hard to get back to normal once the damage is done.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    can be rotator cuff, may also not be, do you know how to strengthen the cuff?

tell me if that opens for you.

ROBOCOP is offline Member
    Flyguy. Where exactly is the pain sited. Cos besides the rotator cuff it could be your AC joint if the pain is located on the top of your shoulder, you know, where the knobbly bit is. Thats a classic for feeling the pain particularly with flat or decline benching.

flyguy7 is offline Associate Member
    no, it doesn't seem to be at the top part of the shoulder, but it's actually sort of hard for me to tell exactly where the pain is focused. I talked with my athletic trainer and he just told me it was a rotator issue and to ice it a lot and use lighter weights for a while, but that's what he says to do for everything, including broken bones. Is ice going to speed up my recovery, and should I go for limited range in my pressing movements, or just not do them at all? Also, thanks for the link Doc, I'll definitely give it a try and see how it works.

ice willhelp you heal twice as quick, and i would still do full range press motions but not including any military presses, keep themlight, with partial presses like rack lock outs and board pres movement you can use more weight, everyones upper end strenghth is stronger than there lower end(most of the time) in the press. this would allow you to use heavier weights because of short range of motion which may also lead to even furthur injury IMO

Thread Information