JerzeyBoy is offline Member

My joints are AWFUL

My joints are like an old mans. My neck cracks, my back, my fingers, my elbows, and my knees. They are always uncomfortable and if I don't crack them they will hurt even more. I'm only 18 so I know that it can't be arthritis or something but what the hell is it? What can I get to fix this problem??

I wanna be able to feel comfortable in my own bones again and not have to crack everything every five minutes. It's really driving me f*cking crazy.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Wow, me too and I'm also 18. Pretty much all my joints crack if I want them to, but I've really had to stop doing it to my fingers because doing deadlifts and chinups was knackering them. My right shoulder, both elbows, right hip and right knee and ankle are all bad. The knee cracks all the time just getting up...

The best thing you can do is just STOP cracking your joints. Its a habit. They will get better after a week and you will no longer feel the need to do it because there will be no pain or feeling of needing to release your joints. Also take cod liver oil, glucosamine and chondroitin.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    At your age I'd go and seek medical advice.

I started using Glucosmine 2 months ago and my joints feel brand new, I can recommend that. But then I'm training along, long time (longer than your 18 young yrs!).

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Wow, me too and I'm also 18. Pretty much all my joints crack if I want them to, but I've really had to stop doing it to my fingers because doing deadlifts and chinups was knackering them. My right shoulder, both elbows, right hip and right knee and ankle are all bad. The knee cracks all the time just getting up...

The best thing you can do is just STOP cracking your joints. Its a habit. They will get better after a week and you will no longer feel the need to do it because there will be no pain or feeling of needing to release your joints. Also take cod liver oil, glucosamine and chondroitin.
    no no no. cracking or cavitations is just fluid moving, it is an old wives tale that cracking is bad, i do "cracking for a living" and it only helps with pain, and is normal with age . a quick pop and you feel better, now if there is a contiuous grinding and clicking that may be bad, but at 18yol and being a powerlifter i had the same thing going on, osteo arthritis or DJD is more prone to those who have continuous bimechanical stresses on there body more often then those who don't. your bone structure in joints change because of the weight bearing loads, this is called "wolf's law" it happens to all of us but it is usually asymptomatic. i have djd throughout my spine and honestly i feel slight pain, now and than, i had xray's taken when i was 21 for an unrelated injury and i found out i had the begining of djd, if i never had the xrays i still wouldn't have known the difference today. these changes happen with age, timeand physical stress. unavoidble in our iron game. adjustments or spinal manipulations or extrenity manipulation will not make you worse, they will alow the joint s to move more easily and decrease nocioception and increase mechanoreception, basicaly leting you feel less pain. also use chondritin, glucosamine and msm. any questions Pm me and we will talk

Thread Information