Need help on this one....

Well today i started my leg workout like usual on tuesdays, but i decided to do swolecat's legs workout, well i had already done my leg ext, leg curls, and was on my second set of squats. If you know swolecats squat routine, you do 15-20 reps of lower weight, which is really mentally taxing, as he calls it, but anyway...I was on 17 and really pushing hard and i felt what felt like a bursting baloon in the back of my head/neck (where my spinal cord meets my brain im guessing) and i got an immediate severe headache. Now whever i start breathing hard my head starts throbbing in horrible pain but it will go away after some time of resting/not doing any physical activity. I have always been told my breathing while lifting needed working on but anyway, i was wondering if this had anything to do with it? And what do you guys suspect it is? Im not sure if it ill go away in a day or 2 or not just wondering if you have heard or had this happen to you before and what to do about it.

Thanks

Flexor is offline Banned
    I'm no physician, but it sounds like something very seroius. You might want to get it checked, you could have burst some small blood vessels by holding your breath. If you don't breathe, your blood pressure increases a helluva lot when you are lifting. When the reps get harder, its even more important to breathe! And yes you should be worried, I suggest you seek medical attention. Bleeding of the brain can lead to stroke...

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    definitly go to the doc and check that out, better to be safe than sorry

thanks, just wanted to make sure, happened yesturday when i was lifting, i posted that last night. If it continues today when im doing calves then i will definitely see a doctor. I just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LiftHardWithoutFear
    thanks, just wanted to make sure, happened yesturday when i was lifting, i posted that last night. If it continues today when im doing calves then i will definitely see a doctor. I just wanted to see what you guys thought.
    Post and tell us how it went, if you are not being rushed to ER

j/k

But do post

ok i most definitely will, its still continuing today, everytime i do some type of physical activity i get an excruciating headache

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    chances are it is just a real bad sprain.strain. it has hapened to me. if you have health inssurance, go to an orthopod or the hospital, and demand a cat-scan, if they say its not necessary call bullshit on them and tell them you want a cat scan. to guarantee you get a catscan, tell them your vision is blurry, and light is making it worse, this should help get the test done

Thread Information