guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test

Has anyone made a good comeback from shoulder problems?

Has anyone had major surgery or any bog problem with their shoulder, then made a good recovery? if so, how? Explain a little please....

Smart-tony is offline Member
    Had two very bad biceps injury's a second and third degree tear of the tendon,that i though were delt problems but went to a RMT for deep tissue massage and i was better in a few weeks,my strenght just went up like crazy.
    I know many friends that had had many for serious injury's and were better after seeing a RMT.I hope you go see on.Best of luck

TomsTwinTowers is offline Associate Member
    Im about to try. I had surgery on my labrium in my right shoulder on june 30th and am just getting back into lifting now.

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about your shoulders. I'm having little shoulder issues as well (nothing like you though). I went to heavy on overhead presses and now there's this ache and I can't do them. I can still do upper body and shoulders. I can even do presses on a machine at a slightly different angel - one that favors the front delts, but, I'm feeling very mortal with my shoulders and my achy knees.

Quote Originally Posted by TomsTwinTowers
    Im about to try. I had surgery on my labrium in my right shoulder on june 30th and am just getting back into lifting now.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    you know my story already skull

sure do.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    yup, train those rotator cuffs like a mother.. Build the stablizers etc!!

singern is offline Banned
    Hurt my shoulder, had to limit my routine, and lay off any shoulder specific exercise for over a year. I had to work in shoulder exercises very slowly and with very light weight. its now close to two years and Im good as new.

Yep I came back torn rotator cuff. Had to have 2 surgeries took me a year and a half to be finally back to normal. For most people who only have one surgery I hear 6 months is reasonable for a comeback...famous nba players like rashard lewis kobe bryant and nick colison have al suffered similar injuries and recovered.

I just got my thera bands today, I hope they will help with what seems to be an impingement

The bands have already helped, I had a virtually pain free chest/delt/tricep workout. Compared to my lst WO that was the same exercises and all, this one was much better and made me feel hopeful again.

pelly789 is offline Member
    i tore my rotator cuff playing football my junior year in oct. but i kept playing the rest of the season through thanksgiving and didnt get it checked out till early dec. i had surgery 2 days before christmas and went to pt 3 weeks after that i was back in the weight room lifting lightly in the beginning of febuary it sucked although i had to train hard and had a great senior season anyway broke a record and made all-state it was worth it but it hurt like hell

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    I tore my rotator cuff right across the top over the summer, took it easy on the weights for summer just enough lifting to maintain my mass, then started to strengthen up the shoulder area with pullin/outs now I am benching about 370-380 and military pressing about 225 so I would say my recovery went quite well.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    NO SURGERY HERE.. I am a pure example how the rotator cuff exercises and patience can produce VERY good results. Tore my rotator in August, took about 4 months off training (I would still train, but nothing serious) Did the rotator cuff exercises about 3-4 times a week. Iced it, rested it. Went very easy on it!!!!! My strength is coming back in a very big way. It's almost time to start up and get retarded again

Rest and do the exercises it DOES HELP

good luck

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    i have had a bad shoulder injury and am still recovering.Its been a little over 8 months i can now lift 8 lbs with the injuried shoulder.As for the band My doc says I should use it only the on the days I dont have physical thearpy. I use them twice a day for 8 to 10 reps im on the blue band now, just moved up. Do waht your doc says and I hope things work out for the booth of us

Thread Information