Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 31 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    parked in yo momma
    Posts
    541

    Got beat up last night...broken nose question

    so i woke up in the ambulance with blood all over me. a buddy and i got jumped by some guys who were sober, we definitely were not and thats our fault, but anyway i dont know if my nose is broken or not. i can barely breathe through it and its pretty swollen. when i bite down it hurts like no other all the way up to my eyes. one side of my lip is swollen like hell too. have any of you had your nose broken before? the paper i got back from the hospital says drink alcohol in moderation...duh, and to ice it and stuff. i dont know if they took xrays or not, dont think so. anyway, just wondering if any of you have had a broken nose or something similar to this

  2. #2
    scriptfactory's Avatar
    scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,490
    Quote Originally Posted by spittin' 'n cussin'
    so i woke up in the ambulance with blood all over me. a buddy and i got jumped by some guys who were sober, we definitely were not and thats our fault, but anyway i dont know if my nose is broken or not. i can barely breathe through it and its pretty swollen. when i bite down it hurts like no other all the way up to my eyes. one side of my lip is swollen like hell too. have any of you had your nose broken before? the paper i got back from the hospital says drink alcohol in moderation...duh, and to ice it and stuff. i dont know if they took xrays or not, dont think so. anyway, just wondering if any of you have had a broken nose or something similar to this
    The hospital wouldn't have release you without taking an x-ray of your nose. If you had permanent damage and they didn't do a proper workup on you then they would be liable for a lawsuit. They probably did a blood alchohol test as well, just to make sure you weren't going to die of alchohol poisoning.

  3. #3
    IBdmfkr's Avatar
    IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,383
    Jumped? Sounds more like a deserved ass whooping to me. Hope you get well soon.

    Sorry don't feel bad for obnoxious drunks who think they are above getting a good beatdown.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    parked in yo momma
    Posts
    541
    no dude we werent being obnoxious, basically it was these 3 black ****ers following around 2 white kids til we got away from the bars a little bit. they didnt jump us because we were drunk, they took my wallet. the fact that i was shitfaced was lucky for them cuz i was out like a light. id love to do it over again sober 1 on 1, oh well just wishin i guess

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    parked in yo momma
    Posts
    541
    crap those asterisks look like i was writing out the n-word but i wasnt, just the f-word...FYI

  6. #6
    IBdmfkr's Avatar
    IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,383
    HAHAHA, either way. They stole your wallet, call them what you want just don't try and cover it up!

  7. #7
    tranzit is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    1,251
    LOL, listen here is a real example of getting jumped.. this happned to me three years ago.

    Me and a buddie of mine.. who isnt a friend any longer.. this was one of the reasons.. anyways.. we are having a good time drinking talking ect.. this really nice looking blonde sits down next to me. As im listening to her she has this really pretty accent. She is there with three other girls and 8 guys after about 15 minutes i tap her on the shoulder and politly ask her where she is from as i have never heard that accent. She smiles and says i am from Isreal. I said ok and smiled.. never spoke to her again the rest of the night. About two hours later and 6 pichers or so between my buddie and i and i was ready to leave. As we were walking out i noticed the girl i had spoke to and one of her female friends and a guy standing outside i said "see you later miss Isreal" I dont know what they thought i said.. but before i knew it i had another girl screaming profanitys at me and some guy like dancing around me.. i tried to explain calmly what had happned was a miss understanding and i didnt want to fight anyone.. so this dude swings on me.. misses... i smiled at him and told him that he just ****ed up. so he in some funky ass accent start talking shit.. my buddie is standing about 15 feet away laughing as he has seen me fight many times and knows i dont need any help. so he comes in.. and i blast him 2x.. hes on the ground the two girls are screaming im standing there just kinda like well this sucks.. next thing i know i have another guy.. think he was from russia.. accent sounded like it.. he was prob 5"10 200 lbs.. pretty cut up.. its ****ing march ... he pulls his shirt off.. i start laughing so he starts doing the same dancing thing the other guy did.. next thing i know im fighting the other guy that i already faded and this guy at the same time.. completely whooping both of their asses at the same time. I look over to my buddie hes argueing with one of the guys that they are with.. then my buddie and him push eachother.. and my buddie starts doing this dance... what the **** is with this dance? So all of a sudden the club emptys.. and i get 5 more mother ****ers on me.. that was it.. i was done.. the guy with his shirt on clinched on me wraped his legs around mine and burried his chin into my chest and bear hugged my midsected i got tackled from the side and went down. Before i knew what was going on i was being kicked by 6 people all over my body, all i could do was cover my head with my arms and try and bob a little but it wasnt helping much. the guy on me that was holding me was still there.. he was the only one i could really see as that was the only open part of my guard. He would put his face up for a second and i would punch him real quick in the face .. but after awhile it wasnt worth getting kicked in the head. I actualy blacked out once while being kicked and went limp for a second. Finaly security came out and got them off me. the back of my head was busted open and my ear was ripped.. other then that just a few bruises and and concussion. So after the let me up i was mad as hell i was looking for anyone involved.. but all i could recognize was shoes.. so i found a guy with the shoes that looked like a set that was kicking me.. he was standing behind the bouncers i asked him.. did you kick me? All he got out of him mouth was ohh man,, i blasted him in the side of the head and he went down.. and once again i was on the ground with 7 mother ****ers kicking me, The medics came and so did the cops but i knew all of them so they let me go without writing anything up. Was a bad ****ing night... my buddie didnt fight anyone.. after the dancing with that guy.. he was standing there watching me get my ass kicked and didnt do anything. I even called out to him.. i said Joel what the ****? I am a very calm person in a fight. I took ninjitsu, wrestled, boxed.. and grew up in the ghetto fighting all the time. But i will tell you one thing.. i dont give a **** who you are.. after 2-1 its gets about impossible to win a fight.. well with anyone that can fight worth a ****. For what its worth both the guys i actualy got ahold of were alot worse looking then i was =) I never got hit in the face that entire time. just the side of the head and the back of the head.

  8. #8
    Tren Bull's Avatar
    Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    northern cali
    Posts
    16,460
    jesus bro, thats terrible. it really annoys me how everyone seems to rely on their friends, no one wants a fair one on one fight, they would rather cheat and gang up on someone else.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    with Taylor Rain,Jeantel
    Posts
    159
    "roll The Rush To Get Rush"' These Evil Strets Are Rough".

  10. #10
    tranzit is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    1,251
    Yeh there are alot of bitch made people out there. they can't back their shit up so they need overwhelming odd's. Its just like some of these little shit stains on the internet chatting. They talk all kinds of shit but if you were to see them in real life they would shit their pants and ****ing pass out.
    I want bill gates to invent something that can allow me to reach through my computer screen and ****ing pummel people

  11. #11
    IBdmfkr's Avatar
    IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,383
    Lets get it on then!

  12. #12
    tranzit is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    1,251
    IBD!

  13. #13
    brewerpi's Avatar
    brewerpi is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    370

    black eyes?

    I've broken my nose 5 times and each time both eyes were black-racoon style...

  14. #14
    S.P.G's Avatar
    S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    uk/ south east
    Posts
    4,538
    Quote Originally Posted by tranzit
    he pulls his shirt off.. i start laughing so he starts doing the same dancing thing the other guy did.
    LOL.......

  15. #15
    Canadiantiger's Avatar
    Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Steel City Ontario
    Posts
    189
    It certainly sounds like you broke your nose and the pain you feel when you bite down sounds like swelling to the sinus cavities.

  16. #16
    Tren Bull's Avatar
    Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    northern cali
    Posts
    16,460
    haha yea bro. if they had something like that, i bet everyone would be nice to eachother online, except for the yolked up guys with attitudes like pit bulls. i think the problem is that most guys are gutless, and they are afraid to take a beating, so they rely on other people. fu_k that sh_t, those kind of people have no honor, and no balls.

  17. #17
    Tren Bull's Avatar
    Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    northern cali
    Posts
    16,460
    i always wished i had a computer virus that could make some fools computer monitor blow up in his face. although i know that if that were easy to get ahold of, the internet would become a very dangerous place.

  18. #18
    tranzit is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    1,251
    Yeh,,,, the virus would be cool.. but id rather mangle them with my hands.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    parked in yo momma
    Posts
    541
    so is it normal for me not to be able to beathe through my nose? this will eventually clear up?

    also, just got the black eyes coming in this morning, like 30 hrs later

    im fine with these symptoms for like a week or two, but just worried about long tern like when boxers get that deviated septum? thanks guys

  20. #20
    Tren Bull's Avatar
    Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    northern cali
    Posts
    16,460
    haha, yea i know what you mean

  21. #21
    Tren Bull's Avatar
    Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    northern cali
    Posts
    16,460
    im pretty sure your nose will heal, although im not a doctor or anything so in all honesty my opinion really doesn't matter. worst case scenario is that youl have to get surgery to get it fixed.

  22. #22
    RMBros's Avatar
    RMBros is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by spittin' 'n cussin'
    so is it normal for me not to be able to beathe through my nose? this will eventually clear up?

    also, just got the black eyes coming in this morning, like 30 hrs later

    im fine with these symptoms for like a week or two, but just worried about long tern like when boxers get that deviated septum? thanks guys
    Deviated septum is just when your septum heals back into the wrong position.

    I had mine fixed and it was a bitch the next day - my painkillers didn't kick in until I tripled the dose, so I was crying like a 5-yo girl most of the next day.

    I evidently had my nose broken at least twice, but I never really knew when I did it. No black eyes, no real lasting pain even.

    It does sound like you probably have a broken nose, so I'd get it looked at within the next two weeks or so. The main thing is to get to it before it starts to set in the wrong place and they have to rebreak it.

    Look at it this way - you can have them fix anything you don't like about it while you're getting it reset.

  23. #23
    D7M's Avatar
    D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Scylla and Charybdis
    Posts
    15,617
    Blog Entries
    1
    yah I broke my nose twice. sounds like you broke it. It does hurt like a bitch. noses and ribs are the worst.

    Like RMBros said, get it looked at before they have to rebreak it to set it. I had to do that the first time I broke mine.

  24. #24
    ripped4fsu's Avatar
    ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,288
    I've had my nose broken twice before, once by a punch once by a racquet. even after surgery my sunglasses won't sit straight!

    Sorry to hear about your nose, if you see the little douche bags again do us all a favor an just run 'em over.

  25. #25
    Bound for Muscle's Avatar
    Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Arlington Texas
    Posts
    290
    i had my nose broken 3 years ago playing a pickup football game. i never went to the hospital or anything but i heard a cracking sound and blood was pouring out for a good 15 minutes. the next day i had 2 black eyes, and my nose was real swollen.

    the funny part is that i didn't think i broke it because it didn't hurt that bad, even afterwards. for a few months afterward though when i would push my nose it felt real "loose", like i could feel the bones sliding independently and my nose would make a slight cracking sound. it eventually healed up though and no longer does that, i don't think i have any permanent damage from it because before the incident i already had a jacked up lookin nose :-D

    the first picture is 3 weeks before it happened, the second picture is the day after it happened
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got beat up last night...broken nose question-3-weeks-ago.jpg   Got beat up last night...broken nose question-misteruglyface.jpg  

  26. #26
    Braveheart04 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    226

    Fighting

    Quote Originally Posted by tranzit
    LOL, listen here is a real example of getting jumped.. this happned to me three years ago.

    Me and a buddie of mine.. who isnt a friend any longer.. this was one of the reasons.. anyways.. we are having a good time drinking talking ect.. this really nice looking blonde sits down next to me. As im listening to her she has this really pretty accent. She is there with three other girls and 8 guys after about 15 minutes i tap her on the shoulder and politly ask her where she is from as i have never heard that accent. She smiles and says i am from Isreal. I said ok and smiled.. never spoke to her again the rest of the night. About two hours later and 6 pichers or so between my buddie and i and i was ready to leave. As we were walking out i noticed the girl i had spoke to and one of her female friends and a guy standing outside i said "see you later miss Isreal" I dont know what they thought i said.. but before i knew it i had another girl screaming profanitys at me and some guy like dancing around me.. i tried to explain calmly what had happned was a miss understanding and i didnt want to fight anyone.. so this dude swings on me.. misses... i smiled at him and told him that he just ****ed up. so he in some funky ass accent start talking shit.. my buddie is standing about 15 feet away laughing as he has seen me fight many times and knows i dont need any help. so he comes in.. and i blast him 2x.. hes on the ground the two girls are screaming im standing there just kinda like well this sucks.. next thing i know i have another guy.. think he was from russia.. accent sounded like it.. he was prob 5"10 200 lbs.. pretty cut up.. its ****ing march ... he pulls his shirt off.. i start laughing so he starts doing the same dancing thing the other guy did.. next thing i know im fighting the other guy that i already faded and this guy at the same time.. completely whooping both of their asses at the same time. I look over to my buddie hes argueing with one of the guys that they are with.. then my buddie and him push eachother.. and my buddie starts doing this dance... what the **** is with this dance? So all of a sudden the club emptys.. and i get 5 more mother ****ers on me.. that was it.. i was done.. the guy with his shirt on clinched on me wraped his legs around mine and burried his chin into my chest and bear hugged my midsected i got tackled from the side and went down. Before i knew what was going on i was being kicked by 6 people all over my body, all i could do was cover my head with my arms and try and bob a little but it wasnt helping much. the guy on me that was holding me was still there.. he was the only one i could really see as that was the only open part of my guard. He would put his face up for a second and i would punch him real quick in the face .. but after awhile it wasnt worth getting kicked in the head. I actualy blacked out once while being kicked and went limp for a second. Finaly security came out and got them off me. the back of my head was busted open and my ear was ripped.. other then that just a few bruises and and concussion. So after the let me up i was mad as hell i was looking for anyone involved.. but all i could recognize was shoes.. so i found a guy with the shoes that looked like a set that was kicking me.. he was standing behind the bouncers i asked him.. did you kick me? All he got out of him mouth was ohh man,, i blasted him in the side of the head and he went down.. and once again i was on the ground with 7 mother ****ers kicking me, The medics came and so did the cops but i knew all of them so they let me go without writing anything up. Was a bad ****ing night... my buddie didnt fight anyone.. after the dancing with that guy.. he was standing there watching me get my ass kicked and didnt do anything. I even called out to him.. i said Joel what the ****? I am a very calm person in a fight. I took ninjitsu, wrestled, boxed.. and grew up in the ghetto fighting all the time. But i will tell you one thing.. i dont give a **** who you are.. after 2-1 its gets about impossible to win a fight.. well with anyone that can fight worth a ****. For what its worth both the guys i actualy got ahold of were alot worse looking then i was =) I never got hit in the face that entire time. just the side of the head and the back of the head.
    Bro, this is exactly why I have carried a pistol at all times since I have been 18 years old. You hit the nail right on the head man, it doesn't matter how big or strong you are, once you end up 2 on 1, you have had the lick, unless those 2 couldn't break a paper bag. Its always been my experience that guys, for the most part will run in packs, and if you are getting the advantage on one of their buddies, they will jump in, just like what happened to you. I had a situation several years ago where a group of black dudes had me circled up and the main guy was talking shit and waving his arms. He gave me enough time to pull my pistol and stick it right in his face. The whole gang took off except for him. I preceeded to scare the shit out of him by cocking it and sticking it in his mouth and threatening to blow his brains out. I ended up letting him go, had no intention of shooting him unless they rushed me, but had I not had my gun on me, they would have beat the shit out of me without much trouble. That's just my solution to junk like that!

  27. #27
    cmax's Avatar
    cmax is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart04
    Bro, this is exactly why I have carried a pistol at all times since I have been 18 years old.

    You do realize statistically speaking that by carrying a pistol you are INCREASING your own chances of being killed, injured, arrested, etc.

    One of the following could easily happen:

    A) The pistol could go off in your pocket and you could accidentally shoot yourself.
    B) You draw the gun on someone and either that person or another person in the area shoots you in self defense.
    C) You overreact in a tense situation and use the gun on someone in anger and end up going to prison as a result.
    D) A situation which might lead to a regular 1-on-1 fist fight ends up involving guns when it never needed to escalate to that level.
    E) You put yourself in more dangerous situations because you feel a false sense of security due to carrying this gun.

    If you want to fight someone than use your fists. Don't be a pussy and rely on a weapon to make yourself feel big. Weapons give people a false sense of security, cause people to make stupid decisions, and generally put the person carrying them in greater danger. Get real man! This is not the movies. This is real life. You f^ck up once and you could spend the rest of your life dead, crippled, or in jail.

    Ok, enough of this rant. You do as you want, but in my opinion you are being really stupid and just putting yourself at greater risk.
    Last edited by cmax; 01-15-2006 at 10:54 PM.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    the gym
    Posts
    4,195
    Quote Originally Posted by cmax
    You do realize statistically speaking that by carrying a pistol you are INCREASING your own chances of being killed, injured, arrested, etc.

    One of the following could easily happen:

    A) The pistol could go off in your pocket and you could accidentally shoot yourself.
    B) You draw the gun on someone and either that person or another person in the area shoots you in self defense.
    C) You overreact in a tense situation and use the gun on someone in anger and end up going to prison as a result.
    D) A situation which might lead to a regular 1-on-1 fist fight ends up involving guns when it never needed to escalate to that level.
    E) You put yourself in more dangerous situations because you feel a false sense of security due to carrying this gun.

    If you want to fight someone than use your fists. Don't be a pussy and rely on a weapon to make yourself feel big. Weapons give people a false sense of security, cause people to make stupid decisions, and generally put the person carrying them in greater danger. Get real man! This is not the movies. This is real life. You f^ck up once and you could spend the rest of your life dead, crippled, or in jail.

    Ok, enough of this rant. You do as you want, but in my opinion you are being really stupid and just putting yourself at greater risk.



    The guy says he was backed up against a corner by a group of a bunch of guys. He could have just as easily died from head trauma, collapsed lungs, etc. When people attack in groups they tend to keep going and not let up as easy b/ of the influence of everybody there. Nope, I would have pulled it out myself and done the same exact thing. Actually, i think bodybuilders should be the first ones to pack guns, nobody in their right mind is going to fight somebody who is 220-250 leaner, they just assume shoot us.

  29. #29
    cmax's Avatar
    cmax is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    The guy says he was backed up against a corner by a group of a bunch of guys.
    Yeah, but how did he end up in this situation? The key is not to let yourself get put into this situation in the first place. If he was not carrying a gun, would he have still ended up backed up against a corner? Perhaps, he would have kept his mouth shut or something similar to avoid the situation entirely.

    I carried a gun between the age of 19-24, but I stopped after I realized how stupid it was and once I realized that I ended up placing myself into dangerous situations because I knew I had a gun.

  30. #30
    Braveheart04 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    226

    Statistics

    Quote Originally Posted by cmax
    Yeah, but how did he end up in this situation? The key is not to let yourself get put into this situation in the first place. If he was not carrying a gun, would he have still ended up backed up against a corner? Perhaps, he would have kept his mouth shut or something similar to avoid the situation entirely.

    I carried a gun between the age of 19-24, but I stopped after I realized how stupid it was and once I realized that I ended up placing myself into dangerous situations because I knew I had a gun.
    I'm not going to argue back and forth with you on why I should or should not carry a weapon. I suppose that is for every person to decide. I would like to point out that in States that have concealed carry laws, the rates for robbery, murder, and other types of violent crime have decreased by 3% or more every year the law has been in effect. I doubt very seriously that the liberal press is going to let you in on those stats. I would like to point out that I have carried my weapon for 20 years, that should let you know how old I am. The incident that I mentioned happened a few years back. My wife and myself were going back to our car after dinner one night, when the guy who I stuck my gun in his mouth made a few lewd remarks to her. It was obvious to me that he was drunk, I at first asked him very politely to watch his language in front of my wife, this was greeted by him calling me a M.F. and no one told him what to do. I then told him to get his ass away from me before I beat the sh*t out of him, this was responded by his pals coming up and encircling me. I don't think I acted out of line, and in fact I would have been happy to fight it out with him. I can assure you I am no pussy, I am in fact a pretty big strong guy, but with my wife present, I didn;t want to take the chance of being at the mercy of 5 guys. I don't care how big, strong, tough, or how many black belts some one has, you are no match for 5 men. Anyway, that is the one and only time I have had to draw my gun, and I hope its the last, however, I would do no different if it happened today. This is America, the land of choices, you choose what is best for you and God bless you!!!

  31. #31
    ripped4fsu's Avatar
    ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,288
    The reason I don't carry a gun is I probably would have shot every one of those ****nuts!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •