Thread: Back

Back

Ive really started to take notice on how my body reacts to different things and lifting being one of them. Probably for the past 2 or 3 years my back has needed cracked every day. Usually only once but if it didnt get cracked it would bother me all day. I usually just have someone lift me up by bear hugging me from behind and it will crack 8-10 times. Ive never been to a chiropracter because its always been easy to find someone to crack it or to use something to crack it myself. But, everytime ive taken a break of even just a week of lifting, my back feels better and doesnt need cracked. Is this normal? Any input? Doc?

Juicy Sauce is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GunTotingHipGangster
    Ive really started to take notice on how my body reacts to different things and lifting being one of them. Probably for the past 2 or 3 years my back has needed cracked every day. Usually only once but if it didnt get cracked it would bother me all day. I usually just have someone lift me up by bear hugging me from behind and it will crack 8-10 times. Ive never been to a chiropracter because its always been easy to find someone to crack it or to use something to crack it myself. But, everytime ive taken a break of even just a week of lifting, my back feels better and doesnt need cracked. Is this normal? Any input? Doc?
    normal. there are a few exercises that put a lot of pressure on the spin. shrugs, and shoulder press. if you think about whats happening to your back during these movements you will see why a lot of people have back problems. try slow movements and less weight. also good to hang to strech out back after a set of these..

is this going to happen forever? and is it going to lead to problems when im older?

Flexor is offline Banned
    hanging is great, it feels really good to have tension in your spine from the pulling rather than compression. I know it is addictive to keep cracking, but I find if I don't do it I don't feel I need to and also the symptoms go away. Even though its uncomfortable try to stop cracking it, and do some gentle range of motion stretches and some upside down hanging.

Flexor is offline Banned
    is this going to happen forever? and is it going to lead to problems when im older?
    its simply air pockets within the spine. I had a tense back just this second, but I cracked it and now I've hurt it. I know nothing about this, but I would assume arthritis would be more likely in later life if you continued cracking it.

i kind of figured i need to just stop cracking it....poor posture doesn't help either, oh well...maybe i'll stop tomorrow

Flexor is offline Banned
    i kind of figured i need to just stop cracking it....poor posture doesn't help either, oh well...maybe i'll stop tomorrow
    Yeah sit up straight in stiff chairs, and stop cracking it. I'm sure it will get better, that is how I improved my back and my finger joints.

Thread Information