BOSTONBEATDOWNS1 is offline New Member

possible hernia?

hey bro's,

i think i may have a hernia, no 100% sure if it is one or not.
    i do construction, i build houses, and three weeks ago i was dumping a heavy barrel full of shit, i lifted and twisted the wrong way because after that i was having pain in my groin area and around the side of my pubic area. i feel no lumps but i have some pain, that is off and on.
    would you guy think i may have pulled my groin muscle, or would you suggest i may have a small hernia. i will be going for my anuall physical next month.
    thanks guys
    -mike...

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    i don't know about the hernia bit, i'm pretty sure if you had one you would easily be able to feel/see it pokin out

from what you described your motion as, i would say you could have possibly subluxated some of your vertebrae in your lower back, if there is any sort of sharp pain i would get it checked out soon

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    I think it can be more subtle than that. A doctor recently suggested that I may have one but I feel no pain and still do heavy leg work. But the doc didn't seem clear-cut in his diagnosis. Probably best to get it checked out though even before the physical. Play it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bound for Muscle
    i don't know about the hernia bit, i'm pretty sure if you had one you would easily be able to feel/see it pokin out

from what you described your motion as, i would say you could have possibly subluxated some of your vertebrae in your lower back, if there is any sort of sharp pain i would get it checked out soon

thanks for you advice guys, much appriciated.
    -mike...

bump

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    cant be sure without a physical. can be a strain, ice the injury 20 minutes 3-5 times a day. if it doesn't get better or the pain doesn't at least get slightly better, than get it checked out

does it hurt when you cough?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    does it hurt when you cough?
    first, thanks for your reply. no it doesnt hurt when i cough or anything like that, it feel like a strain more or less. its like a moderate but mild pain, sometimes i feel it in the nut, but then it goes away. i checked myself with the coughing technique, and doesn't seem to be to bad. my chick is a registered nurse and she feels that it could be a mild strain but wont now for sure untill later.
    thanks,
    -mike...

simm is offline Senior Member
    If you think that you may have a possible hernia,see a doctor as groin hernias are very dangerous as they can strangulate (as mine did)! Mine is umbilical tho.. and cut off the blood supply causing gangrene and poisioning the blood leading to death,unless emergency operation is carried out! Good luck. Lots of people who kick suffer hernias/footballers etc..

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like what they refer to a "stitch".. I have experienced it with heavy lawnmower pulls. If it was a hernia, you would have pain when coughing, sneezing, you would have a "noticable" lump protruding through fat/skin!.. Try and take it easy, if it doesnt get worse, its not a hernia, and will probably heal soon

don't think its a hernia, listen to your old lady, muscle strain., rest and ice

thanks bros,
    you guys are a big help... man this forum kicks a.s.s!

Thread Information