spyderUSMC is offline Junior Member

legs after knee surgery

I had knee surgery two weeks ago. The doc gave me the go ahead to go back to the gym. I know that my rom in my knees is going to be limited and that squats are not going to happen for a while. My q...would short leg presses be o.k., keeping a lower weight and shorter rom. I don't want my legs to lag too far behind, but certainly don't want to over tax my knees. Any help would be appreciated.

TexN343 is offline Associate Member
    What kind of knee surgery did you have? I had the quad hamstring knee reconstruction and I got on the bike be4 I even thought about weights. I suggest getting full range of motion first. I tried doing power cleans with 135 and I clearly popped something in my leg and this was 3 weeks after surgery. Btw if you had a ACL reconstruction you knee will be weaker at 8 weeks than it is now. The ligament is dieing up until that point .

artheroscopic: on the back of the kneecap and removed some scarring on the acl. Nothing near as serious as yours. The doc said there's very little I could't do within reason, but my rom would be a big problem especially with regard to deep knee bending

TexN343 is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like your almost 100% The bike will help get ROM. I wouldn't see any reason why you couldn't do what you said.

thanks for the input bro

Thread Information