Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries

Multiple muscle pulls

I'm concered about the many muscle pulls i'm experiencing. I've pulled both of my traps and my neck feels like its constantly getting little minor tears. I get these alot when i'm working trap, shouders and tris for some reason. i've tried supplementing potassium to no avail. I eat healthy, warm up and stretch properly and I find myself constantly paranoid during my workouts of the chance of re-pulling something. I'm only 28; this shouldn't be happening at my age. Any ideas what may be causing this?
    Last edited by Igifuno; 01-16-2006 at 10:28 PM.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    are you taking gear? if so list it

Blog Entries
    no.... i finished a cycle of sust 300/anavar in September and am all "geared up" to start the next, consisting of cyp/eq/IGF-1/winny but am very hesitent due to what I discribed. I also pulled a muscle in my right forearm, which you discussed with me in a separate post. That has not fully recovered either, although it is much better. Funny thing is, when i was "on", my forearm was always rock hard and it never hurt. It seems once i came off PCT is when it started huring like hell. What do you think, Doc?

takng anything like clen , or creatine? also have you tried to supplement calcium? it very well may do the trick. i recomend coral calcium., if not it may be your posture, your neck may be in a more fwd flexed position. are you doing military press behind the neck? i t may be how you are training as well, whats your routine like?

Blog Entries
    i have clen and planned on doing it after PCT on this next cycle but have not done it yet..... no creatine. I supplement the following daily: Multi-V's, ALA, Potassium, flax seed oil, L-Glutamine, and currently on an ECA stack with Yohimbe. i've not supplemented calcuim at all and, in fact, I may be depleting myself of it since i've been avoiding dairy. Could that be it? my posture is great, not a lot of behind the neck presses at all. the routine i switch up from time to time... currently in the gym three/four days per week.. i stay pretty intense but properly warm up/stretch before each workout. I will most definetely get some coral calcium though.

very well could be the calcium. keep me posted, if you have questions,PM me

Blog Entries
    will do, bro.

lwgy is offline Junior Member
    i used to lift in the mornings before work and had similar problems. when i switched to lifting in the evenings after work, i never had a problem again. are muscles are warmer and more relaxed later in the day. if you workout in the mornings try switching to the evenings.

Blog Entries
    no i do workout in the evenings typically.

Hey Doc... the calcium was the key i believe. i started taking doses of calcuim and doubling up my potassium and started tauring as well. pulls in shoulders and traps completely subsided. still pain in forearm though.

Thanks though bro -

Thread Information