Thread: help!!!

superfat73 is offline Associate Member

help!!!

I benched yesterday and started feeling a pain in my shoulder. I stopped my workout and bought some tiger balm for the pain. It initially helped but this morning when I woke up its sore. Does not feel serious like a seperation, but does hurt when I bring my arm in. I feel the pain in the front head of my shoulder. Any thoughts on remedies to take for a quick recovery? Thanks...

-DedicateD- is offline Member
    ice and rest is what has worked for me... use the search function for shoulder pain, rotator cuff, etc. you will find A LOT of responses and good advice

any anti immflamatory stuff I can take?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    motrin/ibueprofen 800mg 3 times a day.great anti inflam

cmax is offline Associate Member
    Try taking Naproxen Sodium it works better as an anti-inflammatory than Ibuprofen.

Also, if you want to take the homeopathic route try taking Arnica Montana. It acually works faster than many OTC anti-inflammatory medications.

Celebrex, Vioxx, and Cyclobenzaprine are available by prescription.

the nasoprx in a high dose will eat your stomach lining, the ibuprofen is easier on you. also wouldn't recomend celebrex or viox considering all the law suits for untimely deaths of the elderly and those with heart conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    the nasoprx in a high dose will eat your stomach lining, the ibuprofen is easier on you.
    That is true. If you decide to take Naproxen don't exceed the recommended dosage on the bottle.

My girlfriend is a chiropractor like Doc Sust and there is a big debate among doctors in terms of which anti-inflammatory is better Ibuprofen or Naproxen. She is one of the Doctors that prefers Naproxen due to it's effectiveness, however many (it seems that most) Doctors recommend Ibuprofen because it's easier on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    also wouldn't recomend celebrex or viox considering all the law suits for untimely deaths of the elderly and those with heart conditions
    Those two are extremely popular but they are under heavy scrutiny right now. I shouldn't have recommended any prescription meds. I should leave that to the real doctors like Doc.Sust. It's a bad habit that I picked up from listening to my girlfriend all these years.

However, do try Arnica Montana. That worked great for a shoulder injury of mine... it's homeopathic and it really took the pain away even faster than Ibuprofen or Naproxen.
    Last edited by cmax; 01-19-2006 at 05:45 PM.

can arnica monatana be bought over the counter?

Quote Originally Posted by superfat73
    can arnica monatana be bought over the counter?
    Yes, it's a homeopathic substance.

They usually don't sell arnica at pharmacies, but at health food stores and large vitamin shops. I was so surprised that it worked so well.

Quote Originally Posted by cmax
    That is true. If you decide to take Naproxen don't exceed the recommended dosage on the bottle.

My girlfriend is a chiropractor like Doc Sust and there is a big debate among doctors in terms of which anti-inflammatory is better Ibuprofen or Naproxen. She is one of the Doctors that prefers Naproxen due to it's effectiveness, however many (it seems that most) Doctors recommend Ibuprofen because it's easier on you.

Those two are extremely popular but they are under heavy scrutiny right now. I shouldn't have recommended any prescription meds. I should leave that to the real doctors like Doc.Sust. It's a bad habit that I picked up from listening to my girlfriend all these years.

However, do try Arnica Montana. That worked great for a shoulder injury of mine... it's homeopathic and it really took the pain away even faster than Ibuprofen or Naproxen.
    no no my friend your oppinion's are valued. and your advice was sound, i just am a little leary about viox/and celebrex because of safety, but you were rt on with the nasoporoxyn, i personaly don't dig it because what it does to your gut.

Thread Information