dsa8864667 is offline Member

Angry Lower back pain help!

I was doing deadlifts about 2 weeks ago the next day i had this sharp pain in my lower right back by my hip. I cant massage it cause the pain is to deep inside my lower back/hip area. I cant do any exercise without being in pain. What should i do caues i realy dont want to go to the doc and its killing not being able to work out at fullforce.

menna is offline New Member
    I had the same problem I was doing deads too and I felt like a patato chip bag crunch in my back...The pain was in my left lower back and went down my left leg. It hurt to bend over and tie my shoes or bend over and do anything. It also hurt when I would get out of bed in the moringI decided to take 2 weeks off...No walking running or anything cuase your lower back is importaint in everything you do. This thursday will be day 14 and I am very happy to go bac kto the gym..I feel better but I wil lstart out light...If this doesn't work then as a last resort I will go to the Doc...Irecomend taking 2 weeks off and keep your diet clean...

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Anti-Inflammatory

Quote Originally Posted by dsa8864667
    I was doing deadlifts about 2 weeks ago the next day i had this sharp pain in my lower right back by my hip. I cant massage it cause the pain is to deep inside my lower back/hip area. I cant do any exercise without being in pain. What should i do caues i realy dont want to go to the doc and its killing not being able to work out at fullforce.
    Does Advil help? Aspirin? Shooting pains? Are you running gear? (If so, what kind and how much?)

Quote Originally Posted by Grappler13
    Does Advil help? Aspirin? Shooting pains? Are you running gear? (If so, what kind and how much?)
    I called my doctor he told me that it sounded like a hip strain that i had. To take care of it i should take 3 advil 3x a day and keep heat on it. So i took off at the the gym for around 2 days ended up reinjuring myself. How long do you think i should take of at the gym? Its killing me not to be able to workout!

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    no HEAT ICE ICE ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 trust me!!!!!! also 800mg of advil/ibueprofen a day. and rest do NOT push it, heat is a huge mistake!!!!!! huge!!! i have had this happen to me 3-5times, this is actually why i chose to become a chiro, because i kept f'n up my back.

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

I agree with Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    no HEAT ICE ICE ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 trust me!!!!!! also 800mg of advil/ibueprofen a day. and rest do NOT push it, heat is a huge mistake!!!!!! huge!!! i have had this happen to me 3-5times, this is actually why i chose to become a chiro, because i kept f'n up my back.
    Ice is the way to go, even for older injuries IMO. I raced motocross as a youngster and still have nagging pains and such from getting run over so many times. I still ice them and when the ice comes off: good he****g blood rushes into the area. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Grappler13
    Ice is the way to go, even for older injuries IMO. I raced motocross as a youngster and still have nagging pains and such from getting run over so many times. I still ice them and when the ice comes off: good he****g blood rushes into the area. Good stuff.
    Why would my doc tell me to use heat?

RMBros is offline Junior Member
    Heat will loosen the muscle so you can continue to exercise, ice will reduce the swelling and contract or tighten the muscle.

That's why you heat/stretch/ice if you're going to exercise despite the pain/injury and ice only if you're trying to recover.

Listen to Doc, anyone with back trouble becomes an expert pretty quickly or they can't function at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dsa8864667
    Why would my doc tell me to use heat?
    i hate to say it but your doc is grossly misinformed and dead wrong.

the best thing to do is the combo. ice 10. heat 10 , ice10 min what this doesis the ice contacts the heat relaxes and then again the ice contracts, creating a pumping effect in the muscle the flushes the tissue of waste , debris, and edema, and also loosen the muscle and decreaing the inflam as well, it is the best of both worlds. soley using heat will just allow the injur to spread and increase the infalamtion, thus increasing the swelling and pain and impede recovery time

RMBros is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    the best thing to do is the combo. ice 10. heat 10 , ice10 min what this doesis the ice contacts the heat relaxes and then again the ice contracts, creating a pumping effect in the muscle the flushes the tissue of waste , debris, and edema, and also loosen the muscle and decreaing the inflam as well, it is the best of both worlds. soley using heat will just allow the injur to spread and increase the infalamtion, thus increasing the swelling and pain and impede recovery time
    There you go - therapy with little or no work.

Listen to the man, he knows what he's talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by RMBros
    There you go - therapy with little or no work.

Listen to the man, he knows what he's talking about.
    thanks bro much appreciated!

Thanks for all the help guys.

any problem feel ree to pm me.

Thread Information