guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test

How do I warmup without "pre-exhausting"?

I have a bad shoulder, as my ohter posts have stated. My question is: How should I warmup my shoulder without making it weaker for the workout ahead of me? I do band work but, I dont want to exhaust it prior to lifting, making it more susceptible to injury. Any advice on this, am I mistaken?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    light and easy. just go through the motions, you don't need alot of resistance, i wouldn't worry so much about pre -fatigue. i used to worry about this when i was starting, i learned later better to pre fatigue than not warm up properly,only way to figure it out is trail and error. few light stretches and a maybe 2-3 light setd of external rotaion and your good to go

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Alright, thanks doc

RMBros is offline Junior Member
    You can also do a more general warm up like light cardio where your arms are moving (jogging, eliptical with the moving handles, hand bike, etc....).

Be careful not to over-stretch before you go heavy. It has been shown to not only reduce your max, but also increase the chances of injury. By over-stretch, I mean don't go past your comfortable range of motion or try to increase your ROM before a heavy session.

When I do bands and light weights/high reps for a shoulder warm up, my max goes up - not down.

If you're getting tired to the point that it affects your max, you're warming up with too much weight.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by RMBros
    You can also do a more general warm up like light cardio where your arms are moving (jogging, eliptical with the moving handles, hand bike, etc....).

Be careful not to over-stretch before you go heavy. It has been shown to not only reduce your max, but also increase the chances of injury. By over-stretch, I mean don't go past your comfortable range of motion or try to increase your ROM before a heavy session.

When I do bands and light weights/high reps for a shoulder warm up, my max goes up - not down.

If you're getting tired to the point that it affects your max, you're warming up with too much weight.
    good advice again.

Thread Information