tranzit is offline Senior Member

Mother ****ing Ortho Doc

So as some of you know i am working through a serious shoulder injury "will need surgery" and a bad back as well. I was getting 20 5mg Vicoden a week from my doc and i used them just a few hours before bed so i could sleep. My back and shoulder ach so bad all the time that i cant sleep. So i talked to my ortho who i was refered too and who is handling my care now. This asshole tells me he is a surgion and does not belive in narcotics for pain managment. So its been 2 days since i have had a Vic and i cant ****ing sleep.. i got two hours night before last and i dont think any lastnight. They are afraid i will get hooked on them??????? I am taking 3 of them a day at night LOL im over 300 freakin pounds.. wtf.. i could take all 20 of those in a 1 day period and barely buzz off of them i dont understand the reasoning behind this. To make matters worse i am a FF emt so they are always wondering what you are taking for script meds.. i had access to valium for a long time through a source and never ordered any... i am just not into buzzing drugs.. now i go back to order some and sure as shit he dosent carry it anymore either.. WTF??? IB's muscle relaxers, you name it.. nothing helps and lets me sleep but Vic's Perks and Val's i dont even wanna try anything else.. that stuff scares me.. i dont even take pain meds in the day time.. i deal with the pain.. but at night its so hard man.. i swear to god my doctor and sources are trying to make me ****ing crazy!

damn it somone have to have experienced this too? I need support damn it! give me support! tell me everything is going to be ok! =)

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    here is what i would do. find another doc who will prescribe. i know enogh of them where i am that would. you need another ortho. if you are in that much pain fck him, or you can go to a general practcioner that may also hook you up and still keep your ortho as well

FINALY a DOC that understands me! =)

TomsTwinTowers is offline Associate Member
    They will only perscribe Pain meds for so long and then they will or should refer you to a pain managment speacialest. It sucks , ive been through it.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by tranzit
    FINALY a DOC that understands me! =)
    there are alot of people who do fake pain, for the scripts, that why theses doc get gun shy about writing scripts. it blows, but for every stickler doc there is there is always another who is exactly opposite that gives then out like water, ask around and you will find one that will work with you , trust me

I went back to my original Doc and she said she will handle that part. so i have my Vic's again.. slept like a baby lastnight.

i told you, now you have your doc for ortho needs and one for pain needs, see my friend it all works out! keep me updated on the shoulder and what the ortho has to say

Thread Information