manc is offline Member

Train One Side Of Your Body

My physio has had an op on his elbow.he is a bodbuilder,quite big an has won comps.Anyway i asked him how long he will be out of the gym,he informed me that he will still train the other side of body as usual as studies have shown that by doin this the other side will not waste away anywhere near enough.
    any one got any views or comments on this?

pelly789 is offline Member
    thats interesting but ive never heard of it before id like to hear from someone who knows more about this tho...

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    mark philipi , worlds strongest man competiotr did this after he injured one of his legs when a car he was fliping rolled back on his leg(ouch) i don't know much about the physiology or why this works, but i have heard of this. thin about it, it cant hurt, it is better than not training, i am a firm believer if you hurt your upper boady to train you lower body twice as hard or vice versa to keep your testlevels elevated. i have done this and it has worked well for me. can anyone explain the reasoning behing the training one side of you body so the other side won't atrophy? is it the same principle as my upper/lower body scenario?

Thread Information