guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test

My chiropractor visit...

Ok, heres how it went:

1. He had me take x-rays, bending both ways, and straight. I could see my self that my spine, when bending to the left, was more "kinked" than when bending to the right. He said my old compressed disc looked fine. Said spine looked fine besides the small kink.

2. He had me hold my arms out to the right and in front of me, and he would push them down, while i would try to hold them up. He was doing this all real fast, and would push on my right, then push on my left and say "ya see how that s a lot weaker? ya see the difference right?" I really didnt however. He said I had a left, somethiing or other.

3. He checked my BP which was 100 over 60.

4. checked my eyes and said my left eye doesnt follow his finger right or something. He said he wants the computer to be on the right side of my viewing from now on. and he wants me to do some finger-following exercise 3x a day.

5. He rolled this thing over both sides of diferent parts of my body and asked if they feel the same, which they did.

6. he said my "neurons" werent firing right for my spine to alleviate pain or something, because my soleus on my right side was tight. This is just about the only thing I totally agreed with, because when he pushed on it, it felt much more painful then my left side and it was effecting the ROM of my right leg. My right leg would try to come up when my left leg was stretched to my chest, but only that side was like that.

7. he had me hold out my arms and do the thing where I would try to hold them up0 while he pushed them down, then he had me walk to a door and back and do it again, then he said "see how its much weaker now?" which again, I really didnt see.

8. He cracked my neck and back while lying down

THE KICKER:
    9. He tried to sell my this dumbass CD, said "especially weight lifters are takin it" "I think you would lose 9 lbs in 7 days" (I told him I was tryign to lose 30 lbs) HAHAHAHA!! I told him I was very skeptical.

10. He wants me to buy these insoles for $105.00....??????

he said to come back again this week and 3x next week.

I dunno, I dont really care, I have insurance and am going to have to pay a deductable no matter what, for other doc visits I have scheduled anyway but, it kinda seemed like a bunch of shit, and I went there with an open mind too.

He told me lifitng was OK and to stretch my soleus and back with a couple stretches.

Well Doc?......

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    this guy is a DICK!!!!! don't ever go back he is the kind of guy that gives my professino a bad name, doing all those dumb applied kineiology tests. that is the WORST technique in my oppinion, you need to find a chiro that does, CBP-bio physics or ART, (active release technique) . i hate that hokey bullshit holistic nonsense,it a crock of CRAP! youneed to go somewhere were they utilize physio therapy and massage therapy, not this side show bullshit

when choosing a chiro, always call the office and ask what technique the chiro practices and if physio therapy and massage therapy are available, the techniques that i look for are diversified, with a specialty in chiro bio physics(good technique but the doc may try to sell you that you have to come back for months and months, don't beleive the hype!) or a specialty in active relesae technique( based on adjustment and striping the muscles from origin to insertion while the patient actively assists with motion. this tech is used by many olympic athletes, and shows very quick results,) the bio phsics is used to correct postural problem,where as the ART focuses on more muscular problems. these are the ONLY 2 specialties i would even consider. and diversified adjusting would be the only techique i would want to be used on me.(diversified is the actual osseous bone manipulation. the guy who adjusted you did use diversified, but his specialty was applied kinesilogy)

also i wouldn't worry to much about the x-rays, espcially since that jerk can't even see the disc. discs only show up on mri's not xrays. you can see what the disc spaceing looks like on an x-ray aproximately, but not the condition of the disc or if it is effecting the nerve routes. pm me , and tell me what city and state you are in and i will try to use some of my resources to find you someone who is reputable.
    Last edited by Doc.Sust; 01-23-2006 at 01:31 PM.

THANKS!

I thought he was bulll shitting me.

Ygpm

skull, let me know if you have any luck, if still not i know alot doc 's in your state, i went to school there, i maybe be able to ask around and see if they can get me in touch with someone

thanks, ill ask around here but, I dunno. small town ya know.

how close is the nearest bigger city?

went to a new chiro yesterday, popped my lower back by me laying on both sides and pushing my leg down, and popped my mid back when i was laying face down. already feels better in my lower back, a lot better, crazy. I m goin to see him from now on and twice next week. told me to do those trunk lift exerrcises and crunches as well as walk 2 miles 4x a week. told me there was a problem in my lower back that was pushing out and causing the pain in the lower sides of my back. says i should be able to make near 100% recovery and my comppressed disc looks basically fine from what he can tell right there. he seemed a lot better than the ****face i saw before. he was like "ok we can try to fix this or you can come in when you have pain, its up to you." it was a relatively quick visit but it made a difference definately in my lower back, at least temporarily. he had a few different degrees, not sure how relavent they are though.he had a few different tables, and I asked him if he practiced lumbar traction and , damnit, i forget exactly what he said but, it was something along the lines of, he will be doing various things that will help in the way that would.....??? And I forgot to ask him about ART or whatever. yea, I think i need to read this thread before i go see him next week.

let me know what he say about ART, also ask him about triggerpoint therapy and myofacial release, they can also help and every chiro should know about both techniques

ok, and he also massaged my low back with this ****in hot thing too.

ell I went back for the 3rd time today, I can honestly say I feel better, not 100% butr maybe 75-80% pain free. The chiro has just been poppin my back and massaging it , havin me wqalk a lot and do lumbar exercises (i should have known that myself). He said It feels like my back is aligned better and he thin ks I dont need to come in on friday like I was supposed to but maybe two weeks from now.

glad we found u a goodv chiro

Yea, It helped me so I think Ill stick with it. He makes more sense when hes talkin and everything then the other quak I went to. He knows that I am not gonna go for the idea that green tea and VITc are gonna solve my back an shit like that.

Thread Information