Slow~Mo is offline Banned

Sharp pain in back left side of head.

I have been working out for 4 years now actually longer but past 4 have been really dedicated and about learning. My routines are always fullbody workouts that last around 1 or 2 hours, starting with my lower body, core, then upper body.

Ok well this is what happened about 2 weeks ago I was doing some dips and maybe I was out of form for a second not sure but BANG, I get this feeling in the left backside of my head like I was hit by a 2x4 it throbbed out my left ear too it was so painfull I had to sit down and just let it subside the pain lasted for about 3 minutes then it was just a mildly dull headache so I contunued my workout no problem.

But my last 2 workouts I've done this sharp piercing pain came back just the same, this time when I was doing wide grip pull ups and after that workout when I was doing lat pulldowns. My cousin said I probably torn a muscle in my neck and to take an anti-inflamatory like Ibruprofin and layoff upper body workouts for 2 weeks.

Guess thats it just wanted to see if anybody might have some input.

Thanks,
    Slow~Mo

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    sounds like you hurt your SCM muscle, and very badly now it may only be a severe strain and not a full fledged tear, use ice, 20 min 3-5 times a day rest ,ibueprofen at 800mgs and take it easy in 2 wks it should improve you won't be 100% but closer , continue to ice and add in ice and heat combos,(10 of ice 10 of heat and ten of ice) if after 4-6 wk it isn't alot better than seek a physician

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    well there ya go... i was going to say somethin smart ass.. but you must have really hurt yourself..

I hope it was a muscle, and not a brain anurizum (sp) (bleeding in the brain)
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Slow~Mo is offline Banned
    Thanks for the advice Doc. Sust. I'll do the the heat pad & ice.

Your probably exactly right I looked up that muscle and found this. SCM Muscle(Click)
    I had pain in the areas I circled.

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    well there ya go... i was going to say somethin smart ass.. but you must have really hurt yourself..

I hope it was a muscle, and not a brain aneurysm (sp) (bleeding in the brain)
    Last edited by Slow~Mo; 01-26-2006 at 04:08 PM.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    the scm may be involved but it doesn't look like it is just the scm muscle, it may be the sub-occipital muscles as well and some paraspinal muscles as well . no aneurysm, my friend's sister just died of one, if you had one you would already be dead, sorry to be so gloomy,but its the truth

Thread Information