daytrader is offline Member

Ihope this isnt seroius

The only worst thing than platueing is getting hampered by a injury while your making consistent progress.... So check this out.... chest day Friday..... The last time i did chest was exactly a week ago.... I did a few more sets than normal...Last week i did my normal 2 warmup sets.. than 220*6 and 235 till faliure which happened to be 6 reps.... then i went back down to 225 for 5 no faliure and burned out at 205 for 11 reps.... 3 working sets of incline bb 1 set till faliure... and 3 sets of decline db's high reps no faliure.... pretty basicright? a little more than normal with my reverse pyramid on bench.... So back to fridays workout....i feel real good, warmup cardio for 5 mins, light stretching, warmup with 95*10, 135*8 all feels great im real fired up next set i go to 225 for 6 and get this easily had prob atleast 2 or 3 reps in me i feel great.... i get up and feel some twinges in my leftpec tie in, i brush it up and go up to 245, at this point i feel like im gonna break my record andget this 6 or 7 times... so i get on it and the first rep on the negative it feels like my chest is ripping apart from the middle, complete the first rep and as i bring down the second the pain intensifies,so i rack it and im like WTF was that!!... i rest for a few mins and bring my grip closer together, this set results in the same outcome.... so i ditch chest and did a half ass shoulder day.... fellas WTF just happened??? it feels fine now
    Ive been sleeping great this week, no stress or anything from the norm.... i actually took of for 2 days up till this workout...I dont feel anythingbad now but im still scared.. what just happened to me???

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    could be a simple sprain strain or a slight pec tear, ifyou are traing to failure on every exercise for cheat every wk, suibng the exact same movemnts every time, and always using basicaly the same rep scheme, you are probably overtraining/. ice the injury 20minutes every 2 hours you are awake for 2 wks

daytrader is offline Member
    thanks doc, tobe honest with ya it feels fine after a 3 day break... dmmm.... and i was able to do incline db presses with no pain after i felt the pain in my pecl...... there is just a slight ache in the outside of the pec muscle itself..... im thinkin im hittin the gym back tommrow.... and next chest workout is friday.... maybe illl switch to inccline movements for my whole workout? try that out for a few weeks...... also doc should i be stretching..... mayb i should take few more days of to be safe but it feels fine and i wanna hit the weights hard again !! hard for me to stay out more than 3 days

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    try to split up some chest work into to seperate days, keep the same volume, , just pli it up. i think you are doing too much for one day awk, try it out for 3 wks and see how it works.

Thread Information