Thread: Pec Problems

SteelTrain62 is offline New Member

Pec Problems

What workouts should I be doing to help my pec? I pulled it right where it meets the shoulder, there's like a ball of muscle there now and it's pretty painful, pain's subsiding but I can tell it'll pop again if I use any kind of weight in the bench press. My max was about 445 and now I use the cambered bar with about 185 on it for like 4x15 really slow reps... you know how it goes. What other workouts should I do to help this out, without risking popping it again? I'm in between transferring schools for football so I don't have a trainer/strength and conditioning coach to help me out. I've just been killing my shoulders/tri's to try and make up for the lost time I'll have from hurting my pec and not being able to straight bench for a while. Thanks for any input guys...

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    Ouch that mustve been painful.

Really any pec work is going to put some stress on that area. i think close grip bench and very light db flyes would work the best without causing much pain.

SteelTrain62 is offline New Member
    i appreciate the input man...should i keep it up with the cambered bar super light benching? and how long do you all think it'll take to get me back benching heavy, without risking another 'pop' or further injury??

pelly789 is offline Member
    take some time off from working your chest trust me takin a few weeks off may save you alot of time/doc visits and money dont push it just my opinion tho

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    board presses and close grip until you heal , real light weights, and ice, taking time off for 2 wl also will help

Thread Information