JerzeyBoy is offline Member

I have unbearable back and neck pain PLEASE HELP!!!

I have lower back pain and neck pain that hurts so much that I don't care if I die anymore. I never felt pain like this in my life before and I been threw lots. I tried a chiropractor and he couldn't help me. I'm currently trying physical therepy but it's not doing anything. I just started but I haven't even felt a little bit of relief. The pain is driving me crazy, I don't wanna go to work, school, the gym, nothing. It hurts so much it feels like someone beat me with a sledge hammer. I'm gonna try to buy a new mattress but I doubt that's gonna help.

I'm asking for help. Please bro's, if you guys have any solution PLEASE TELL ME.

I don't wanna take painkillers because the pain is so unbearable that I know I'll get addicted to them. So not looking for that type of option.

Guys please help me if you can.
    -JB

Smart-tony is offline Member
    It wouldn't hurt to see a RMT for a massage deep tissue worked wonders from me and many friends.Just give one massage a shot and see how you feel.Best of luck!

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    yes ART tyherpay accupuncture and chiro will help

lwgy is offline Junior Member
    have you seen a doc? had an mri?

MODESEVEN is offline Junior Member
    Vikes.

Bro I hope you r feeling better man I have suffered with bCK PAIN FOR YEARS IT IS TOUGH MAN ..when it goes away I dont even think about it man I hope pain killers wont hurt if you can control it to once a week or a couple days man ...cuz they def give you bad bowle movements

remember painkiller just mask the pain, they dont fix the problem

gellert32 is offline New Member
    You should get an MRI right away that is the only way to truly diagnose back problems. Your chrio probably told you about your disks, problems with them are no joke , even a disk that is slightly out of place can be devastating , severe nerve damage can occur and once a nerve is damaged that’s it you can rehab it back. If you feel burning pain anywhere especially in your bum, feet or hands that is for sure nerve damage. Go get an MRI if it is like you say and truly crippling you may need to have some sugary, as for what you can do right now try sitting in the fetal position even try sleeping in this position, go to a drug store and look for something to relax your muscles that may help

hauss man is offline Member
    He is right you need to go see a spine doctor. I know first hand about cervical injuries and they are no joke
    Also where are you having pain

mri is the only way to go, it will let you see if the nerve root in encroched. you have had this pain for too long, getit checked out

gellert32 is offline New Member
    Go back to the chiropractor as well, a therapist will not be able to help you as much as a chiropractor. If the one you have been to cant diagnose it, go to a different one, don’t give up on them all together. A chiropractor will help you a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by gellert32
    Go back to the chiropractor as well, a therapist will not be able to help you as much as a chiropractor. If the one you have been to cant diagnose it, go to a different one, don’t give up on them all together. A chiropractor will help you a lot more.
    i agree,

clb1 is offline New Member
    I am just getting over back surgery. blew out the l4-5 disks. I was not able to walk more than a few steps. It took several months to get surgery approved since it happened at work. I was very worried about the surgery but it completely fixed the problem. one night in hosp and up walking the same day. 1.5 yrs later very little pain. I used pain meds for about 4 month and just stopped cold turkey and went to ibuprophen as needed with no problem. I hope this helps. take care clb

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    lemme just share my personal story...

had lower back pain for about 7 years...gradually got worse...saw many chiros, went to countless physical therapy sessions (traction, e-stim, the works)...had two epidural/steroid injections...spent lots of time and money, only to later have the problem reach a point where i woke up one morning and couldnt move or go to the bathroom...

after being taken to the hospital by an ambulance and having them re-affirm the severe herniation of my L5-S1 disc, i FINALLY found a doctor willing to operate, and this, after being told over and over again that i should avoid surgery at all costs...

now, i have permanent nerve damage in my left leg, weakness and numbness, which IMO, could have been avoided had i had the surgery sooner, because now, i feel soooooooo much better....

please dont take this the wrong way, only you know the particulars of your condition...and i'm not badmouthing chiros or PTs, because i know they can and have helped many people find comfort...but there are some who have progressed beyond the threshold of what those guys can offer, and the sooner you take care of it, the better your chance for recovery...

it's funny, every doctor i went to beforehand that refused to operate, didnt give me much hope or help, but after having the surgery, my orthopaedic surgeon told me that because i was an athlete, and in such good shape, that my chances for recovery were better than those who lead sedentary lifestyles...and now, almost six months later, i'm still feeling good...taking it extremely easy of course...i had to make a choice to leave my passion for being a 250lb bodybuilder behind, to maintain a more healthy weight that will hopefull sustain the healing process and my good health, but in the end, and especially at age 30, feeling better is so much more important...

and yes, pain meds do simply mask the pain, and can be very addictive (i found this out a couple months after surgery), and for someone with sever backpain, i mean, really bad, they usually won't do much for you in the way of relieving your suffering...however, they do have their place...just be careful.

again, just my story...HEY DOC SUST., LONG TIME NO SEE ...no offense to the chiro comments, you guys do great work for many people....

alpha

Thread Information