TUnit is offline Associate Member

ankle holding back my calf

hey yall. I just finished working out my legs and could not train calfs to hard due to my ankle. my right calf is about a half inch bigger, i guess cause its my stronger one, but i cant seem to get good workouts in my left calf. no matter what i do, it just seems to start hurting thru out the lifts. i just cant get that full contraction. my dad thinks it could be my akelies tendon (kno i didnt spell that rite lol) and said i dont want to mess that up. do any of yall have this problem or know of any techniques to do? any help would be appreciated. thanks bros

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    try jump rope, works the claves without as much pressure, try it out see if the impact doesn't effect you

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    stair stepper is also a good one to do on a cardio day it gives the calves a really good burn.

TUnit is offline Associate Member
    hmm...ill have to give those a try. thanks guys. i was thinking im just gonna get a brace for it and also just isolate my calves in my workouts and just go really lite to try to build the muscle up better. it sucks i cant work them out hard cause my arms are like an inch or two bigger which is not good lol

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    brace only when nede or in pain, try not to use the brace so much you become dependent on it

Thread Information