grasshoppa is offline New Member

How to heal a strained ligiment?

A couple yrs ago I started working out. I started bench at 185 and last Nov hit 300lbs-2reps. Preacher curls have went from about 65lbs to 110lbs-5reps. Whenever I got stuck in the middle of the rep on preachers then I would squeeze the bar with all my might to help me finish the rep. I think this may have caused my current situation.

When I make a fist the muscles or tendons that attach tothe outer forearm near the elbow cause extreme pain. Almost like I have strained or pulled a tendon in each arm. It hurts to even pick up a heavy glass. I have to swing a gallon of milk up just to set it on the counter. I also notice at night that my arms have been going asleep a lot. This is my 3rd week off and I am just now starting to get better.

Does anyone have any tips to speed up the heeling process?

Frankly, I am tired of not being able to work out. I like running but not that much.

Thanks Grasshoppa

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    i have similar problems. dont do barbell curls EVER or even ez curls with the inside grip EVER. ONLY do ez curls with outside grip. switch to dumbell curls. Crew the barbells, they have even given some people forarms splints like shin splints from the tension the cause on the radius. I have had them. they hurt. if the barbell can crack bone, think what it can do to tendons and ligaments.

also one time i was submission wrestling and one guy put me in an armlock and POP i thought it was broken. Somehow it got mostly better in a week, but i noticed i could feel it "come out" sorta even when lifting a teddy bear on my cousins bed. It was like this for weeks with lifting just a pillow. after awhile it got better. but i took massive amounts of glucosamine and vitamin C. C helps glucosamine work.
    peace

grasshoppa is offline New Member
    Ya, I never use the inside grip either, not because I knew better it just felt too unconfortable. Man, you musta been hurtin if lifting a teddy bear was a pain. The shin splints on the outer forearm.....I had those before this problem...but they seem to heal faster than the ligament. I am going to try to go very light on Monday...if it doesn't feel safe I'll give it another week. I have been takin glucosamine and will add the vitamin C.

What kinda dosage are you talking about for each?

Thanks for the insight I appreciate it.

Grasshoppa

Thread Information