Thread: shoulder injury

superfat73 is offline Associate Member

shoulder injury

Ive been having this trick shoulder for more than 2 weeks. I am now able to train everything (even heavy ass weight with shoulders) except chest. My shoulder bothers me on only chest! What gives?

ROBOCOP is offline Member
    I had exactly the same problem bro. Shoulders were fine but when i worked chest the pain was intense. Not sure what your symptoms are but mine ended up being a problem with my AC joints. Where exactly is the pain?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i am inthe middle of writing n article tha may help , hold on i promise its on the way

superfat73 is offline Associate Member
    awesome, the pain is in my front delt, have taken ibuprofen naproxen and currently taking arnica montana

ROBOCOP is offline Member
    I guess wait and see what the doc has to say in his article. He sure knows his stuff and im sure it will help. Good luck bro

pelly789 is offline Member
    i had this problem some time does doing biceps hurt your shoulder at all? because bench and biceps would hurt me for the longest time and the doc said i strained my bicep tendon that connects in your shoulder just a thought maybe i was some help let me know good luck bro

Hawse is offline Junior Member
    I have this same problem, it sucks I can't stand not lifting heavy. What can I take or do to help this problem anybody got any suggestions.

rehab the shoulder read the sticky at the top of the forum

gellert32 is offline New Member
    Most shoulder injuries that cause front deltoid pain are one of two things: bursitis, which are fluid filled sacks surrounding the shoulder joint. If these sacks become torn the fluid will leak out causing an inflammation which results in pain, the best thing for the pain is icing the area after your workouts. As far as what you can do before to try and limit the pain. Try placing a warm pack on the area to warm the area up, or before training chests, or bis warm up the deltoids with a light deltoid press, or incline press. Don’t do something heavy here very light you want to create some blood flow to the area which could lessen the pain and allow you to have a better chest and or bis workout. The second can be a shoulder contusion. Which is a deep bruise that can take anywhere from 3 weeks to heal even up to 3 months, most doctors will tell you to stop lifting all together for about 4-6 weeks, however that amount of time away from the gym will result in atrophy and you don’t want that to happen. The best thing again here is ice after your workout, however here you do not want to place a hot pack on the area. again warm up with light presses like military press, or incline press. Skipping for a few minutes is also a good warm up idea.
    Most minor shoulder weight lifting injuries are one of these two the pain is some times not an indicator as to how serious an injury can be, if discomfort persists for more then two week you could have a serious problem developing and you should see a doctor right away. If you ignore you body signs you allow scar tissue to build up resulting in a loss in strength and mobility. The only way to fix that after a certain point is surgery, and if you have to have surgery you will be unable to lift for at least 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by gellert32
    Most shoulder injuries that cause front deltoid pain are one of two things: bursitis, which are fluid filled sacks surrounding the shoulder joint. If these sacks become torn the fluid will leak out causing an inflammation which results in pain, the best thing for the pain is icing the area after your workouts. As far as what you can do before to try and limit the pain. Try placing a warm pack on the area to warm the area up, or before training chests, or bis warm up the deltoids with a light deltoid press, or incline press. Don’t do something heavy here very light you want to create some blood flow to the area which could lessen the pain and allow you to have a better chest and or bis workout. The second can be a shoulder contusion. Which is a deep bruise that can take anywhere from 3 weeks to heal even up to 3 months, most doctors will tell you to stop lifting all together for about 4-6 weeks, however that amount of time away from the gym will result in atrophy and you don’t want that to happen. The best thing again here is ice after your workout, however here you do not want to place a hot pack on the area. again warm up with light presses like military press, or incline press. Skipping for a few minutes is also a good warm up idea.
    Most minor shoulder weight lifting injuries are one of these two the pain is some times not an indicator as to how serious an injury can be, if discomfort persists for more then two week you could have a serious problem developing and you should see a doctor right away. If you ignore you body signs you allow scar tissue to build up resulting in a loss in strength and mobility. The only way to fix that after a certain point is surgery, and if you have to have surgery you will be unable to lift for at least 3 months.
    quality F'N post!!!!! keep up the good work

juice_305 is offline Banned
    i am having the same pain in my front delt. it suck, i also comes on chest days during bench. hope everything works out for you bro.

Thread Information