Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: shoulder injury and rehab

infantry13 is offline Junior Member
    bad ass post mate, it's appreciated

mrnate is offline New Member
    I'm recovering from bursitis now. It has taken me 12 weeks of rest so far. With probably another 2-3 weeks of rest left!

image613 is offline Junior Member
    wow that is awesome ty for the info..... thank you "bass" for posting the vids. so much info i need to sticky this page for reviewing the info.

Very good post. Thanks. I have copied and pasted your info. and put it in a MS Word doc for my further review and learning. At 41 yrs of age, I have to take care of my shoulder joints even more know. I also have some info. on shoulder injury prevention & rehab. It's not specific on any exercises, but it does list health care professionals that can help prevent such injuries as well as treat them if you visit these health care pro's every so often. Notably Mr. O, Jay Cutler has avoided major injuries throughout his career & will be making a comeback for the Mr. O in 2013 because he goes to a Neuromuscular Therapist (N.T.) (every so often) who stretches his hard to stretch mammoth-large, stiff muscles so that they get enough blood to them. Also, excessive hanging or traction on exercises is bad for the tiny rotator cuff joints. What comes to mind is letting the bar hang or rest too low on the bottom part of a barbell upright row.

Thanks, again for this post.

Stay tuned for my soon-to-be posted-post on shoulder injury prevention and rehab

dj erk15 is offline Junior Member
    Had a rotater cuff injury myself in the past. Shit is no fun bro, thanks for the information.

"75"UGLY is offline New Member
    Advice - I bought my mom a 55" flat screen TV. The border is approximately 2-3". Now I'm not a tall dude, I don't know my wingspan, lol. Grabbed the TV, lifted w/my legs, but my arms were at full extention. When I went above my power zone... STINGER. Now both shoulders have a feeling like that a ice pick going through dead center of my shoulders. It comes and goes.??

KennyBoy is offline New Member
    Blog Entries
    Great read! Now I have some 411 for my DR.

narz is offline New Member
    Thanx for the info OP. Will try out these exercises.

BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Knowledge Member on Prostate Cancer
    Blog Entries
    I am so greatful for all of your work and detailed info.

If I could please ask an injury specific question ? Is there another injury not mentioned here that is between the left peck and the outer left shoulder I have been on TB-500 for 3 mths. and seen tremendous repair of the tissue internally ! My strenght is not depelinished except when I get to failiur and then it is failiur to the point of non movement. I put a heat pad on it at night and that eases the pain but this injury even hurts when doining isolation curls on my knee and it goes numb at night ? Dr told me at my age and active life style he would not recommend a rotator cuuf repair due to the sucess rate in 50 ear old + men with active life styles . He stated the it was a 50/50 chance of repair and even less that the surgery would hold up. and in his opinion rhab was better than surgery ? Not to mention the pain of the operation and be right back in the same shape in 2 years ? Does my discription sound like things you have heard before ?

I am lucky to be alive I was ran over by a truck in 02 and crushed my upper body ! A miricle I can even train with weights at all !

I welcome any thought suggestions or ideas ?
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 10-23-2014 at 09:32 AM.

Grim31 is offline New Member
    Solid post, i was blown up by an ied, one of the injuries due to that was my shoulder. Did a lot of things similar to this, tension bands and being able to step out of the gym and properly recover is a huge thing. Don't say f**k it, it'll be fine because you'll regret that when it's screwed up for the rest of your life.

drgreenthumb628 is offline New Member
    I damaged both shoulders it sounded like bubble wrap popping and a bunch of cracking and the weights fell because my shoulders couldnt do any work. Besides exercises is there any peptides/anabolics/or supplements you would recommend

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for the detailed post. Good information.

I had to just not lift over head for 2 months and go on NPP therapy to cure my pain. Afterward no issues. Thought it was rotator cuff but was actually just synoval fluid need.

God Bless Deca .

Chauffeur is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drgreenthumb628 View Post
    I damaged both shoulders it sounded like bubble wrap popping and a bunch of cracking and the weights fell because my shoulders couldnt do any work. Besides exercises is there any peptides/anabolics/or supplements you would recommend
    Sounds like you may have some labral damage. Talk to your doctor about an MRI with arthrogram to figure out what's going on in there.

HeavyDutyTR is offline New Member
    Im too rotator cuff

BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Knowledge Member on Prostate Cancer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDutyTR View Post
    Im too rotator cuff
    IMO as we get older shoulders are the weak link in the chain if we start TRT and get that boost mentally and strength and do not go slow ! I have been agraviated by a less than 100% left shoulder for 6 mths now and can't stop trainning so I just lowered the weight and when it hurt I find another exercise ? Oh 55 and growing

Scandinavian is offline New Member
    Great thread!

DasItMane is offline New Member
    Great resource for the tragically common rotator cuff injury. I personally am considering getting professional medical attention for my right rotator cuff as it's drastically inhibiting my ability to lift anything at all in the gym, as well as not getting any better through stretching and strengthening exercises. Once I'm sure that I'm on an effective road to recovery I'll also probably start a mild test-only cycle to speed up the healing process.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Hey Doc sust, a lil about me,

I've torn my labrum in hlf and 3 other tears(catcher in Baseball) and torn both my rotator cuffs(currently) - I have very limited ROM, especially w/any and all overhead exercises! Finally built it up enough to do heavy Military press on smith only(along w/DBs and smith for chest) -

I've had 3 surgeries on R shoulder(falls out of socket when nothing propping it up) need total reverse joint replacement! I have very limited ROM... I came across this among many other things in your thread!

The shoulder is at risk for injury in many sports. The rotator cuff (see above) can be injured through overuse or through trauma. Rotator cuff tendinitis is common in overhead sports such as baseball, tennis, volleyball, and swimming. Rotator cuff tears can occur if the tendons are overloaded in weight lifting or football. There are ligaments which hold the shoulder bone in its socket. The shoulder has a very large range of motion, and needs some flexibility of the ligaments to allow for that range. But if the ligaments become stretched or torn, this can lead to instability. A mild amount of instability will allow the shoulder to slip part way out of socket, called a subluxation. When the shoulder comes completely out of its socket this is called a dislocation. Subluxation or dislocation can occur with nearly all sport activities. The ligaments of the shoulder are attached to the socket at the labrum. occur in contact sports and are frequently seen in skiing and biking falls. Clavicle fractures are common injuries seen frequently in sports where speed or contact are involved.

This is my down fall - and also broke my R scapula on same side(which I'm pulling back in w/straight arm pull downs etc

Any other advice - on exercises - though very limited ROM?!

Thx much appreciated! Great post!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DasItMane View Post
    Great resource for the tragically common rotator cuff injury. I personally am considering getting professional medical attention for my right rotator cuff as it's drastically inhibiting my ability to lift anything at all in the gym, as well as not getting any better through stretching and strengthening exercises. Once I'm sure that I'm on an effective road to recovery I'll also probably start a mild test-only cycle to speed up the healing process.
    Not a good idea. More people than not end up re injuring due to strength increase. It's really not a good idea and most of us have been there and wanted to do the same.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Not a good idea. More people than not end up re injuring due to strength increase. It's really not a good idea and most of us have been there and wanted to do the same.
    ^^ definitely AGREE! Last thing you want is everything else getting so strong that you'll be tearing something in no time(no test) try TB500

MikeyMoo is offline Junior Member
    Great insightful read, thanks for that.

I am 6 weeks post surgery to repair a slap tear to the superior labrum. Can you offer any advice on how to manage the rehab and starting back to lifting? I know that my form needs to be clinical but any other tips would be welcomed.

Thanks,
    M

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Not sure if this is the best thread for this, but any information or personal thoughts on liniment for breaking up scar tissue and more internal healing?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Not sure if this is the best thread for this, but any information or personal thoughts on liniment for breaking up scar tissue and more internal healing?
    I've found PT and deep tissue massage to work well. If it isn't really bad, try a foam roller or do a Google on rumble rollers. I really like the rumbke rollers.
    Also, I will sometimes get my wife to work on an injured/tight area by rolling it with a baseball.
    Good luck.
    bladerunner9 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Sandman_130 is offline New Member
    I am one more shoulder injury before I give up and get the surgery. It has literally been an annual occurrence for the last 4 years. I gotta stick with a shoulder rehab program before I jump back into the heavy weights this time around.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Excellent thread

StateRaised is offline New Member
    I've had a little discomfort and weakness in my shoulder, found this post, hoping by getting started on these exercises and RICE I can rehab it before it becomes a major setback. Thanks

If you guys are interested in an herb that is kartom for Pain relief, try Kratom! It has many uses but I feel like it goes hand in hand with bodybuilding/hitting the gym or even injuries in general.

Here is a Link to the Kratom Syndicate. The link should give you 10% off your order. If yall have questions feel free to holler at me!

https://thekratomsyndicate.com/index...81a67b7542122c

If you guys are in need of some all natural pain relief, check out kratom! It is becoming more popular in the body building world as a natural pain reliever but it also has alot of other uses as well!

Check out The kratom Syndicate. This link should give you 10% off.

https://thekratomsyndicate.com/index...81a67b7542122c

Dogstar116 is offline New Member
    Wow, thanks for this info. I have been in pain for years wirh RC injury and torn bicep on same side..

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The images referenced in the OP have been removed but they were preserved in the Way-Back Machine. Here they are:

And now that I have your attention, for surpapinatus conditioning, do you favor empty beer can or full beer can?

In case my image host shits the bed, here are links to those two images on the Way-Back Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20060213...dr_Exer_12.gif

https://web.archive.org/web/20060213...dr_Exer_34.gif
    Cylon357 and Af86 like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information