jcstanto is offline Associate Member

Torn Muscles/Tendons

Has anyone ever experienced a torn muscle or tendon? What happens?

MotorBoatin' SOB is offline Junior Member
    yes both, alot of pain and agony

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    and bruising

I was wondering because I've been lifting weights for 4 days a week Mon/Wen/Fri/Sun for about 2-3 years seriously. I just noticed that I’ve been experiencing a sharp pain in the tendon that stretches from the start of my bicep to my forearm. It goes away every once in a while but then comes back. My forearm starts to ache and my joints in my hand experiences the same kind of pain. If you guys have any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

velvetlion is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jcstanto
    I was wondering because I've been lifting weights for 4 days a week Mon/Wen/Fri/Sun for about 2-3 years seriously. I just noticed that I’ve been experiencing a sharp pain in the tendon that stretches from the start of my bicep to my forearm. It goes away every once in a while but then comes back. My forearm starts to ache and my joints in my hand experiences the same kind of pain. If you guys have any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Sounds probably like some kind of tendonitis. Try some anti inflamatories and see if that helps. Also, try some ice.

MotorBoatin' SOB is offline Junior Member
    ice it, try not to work it too hard or strain it for a few weeks.. till the pain goes away

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    to me this sounds like tendonitis, just an inflamation of the tendons doesnt sound like anything is torn. When I get those symptoms and they persist for weeks or months I will be sure to lift those areas using a higher rep scheme with lower weights. The lower weights will give the tendons a chance to heal up and still keep your muscles toned and not loose too much strength.

Like others have said tendonitis.

Ice + REST...anti inflammatory's if you want too.

If it was tore bruising,pain, and swellign would occur.

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    yea tendonitis is likely the case, if you tore a tendon you'd be out for good for a while

I've heard people say when they got tendonits, they had it for the rest of their lives. I take it that its a rumor right? Thanks for your input guys!

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    moving this non-steroid question

~Narkissos

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    read the sticky on tendonitits i have posted

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    read the sticky on tendonitits i have posted
    I have, and its good stuff.

Is there anything I can work out on (Besides legs) that doesnt require arms?

Its going to feel weird going to the gym and not working out on upper body. (not used to taking a couple of weeks off)

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Is there anything I can work out on (Besides legs) that doesnt require arms?

Its going to feel weird going to the gym and not working out on upper body. (not used to taking a couple of weeks off)
    core strength, abs, lower back via hyperextensions, oblique side bends, maybe shrugs,,plyometrics and agility drills,stretching,proprioceptive balance training(wobble board or rocker boards). maybe you can also if you are intrested look into resistance free ways of traing your upper body using minimal impact, passive exercises. certain types of yoga or tai chi would be beneficial. i know little about either, but i do know they work very well and are a great alternative when injured

Doc, Thanks for the info!

Ok, I haven’t been working out on upper body for at least 4 days now. I was relaxing around the house (doing nothing), then felt a paralyzing pain shoot through my left arm. The pain came from my left shoulder (the socket). It hurt for about 2-3 minutes, and then went away. Did my arm flare up? How long does it usually take for tendonitis to heal? (It felt like I got shot in the shoulder.)

Thread Information