Tommy Gunn is offline Member

Posterior labrum surgery recovery timeline

On December 31 I'm getting surgery for a posterior labrum tear from the 8 to 11 o clock position. My doc and PT have come up with this timeline. I'm going to be 28 years old. People who have had this surgery or know about this kind of surgery tell me what you think:

1) Mon. 12-31-07 get surgery for a torn labrum.
    2) Weds. 01-07-08 1 WEEK POST SURGERY start physical therapy with my therapist.
    3) Mon. 02-04-08 5 WEEKS POST SURGERY take off sling.
    4) Mon. 02-18-08 7 WEEKS POST SURGERY stop physical therapy with my therapist and start my own physical therapy strengthening program (under the eye of my PT, I will be doing this at his facility).
    5) Mon. 03-31-08 3 MONTHS POST SURGERY start running on treadmill.
    6) Mon. 06-02-08 5 MONTHS POST SURGERY stop physical therapy strengthening program and start light weightlifting with no restrictions.
    7) Mon. 07-14-08 6 1/2 MONTHS POST SURGERY start boxing training.

What do you guys think? Is it too conservative and I should speed it up? Is it too pushy and I should fall back on some things? What do you guys think? Is this a good post labrum surgery recovery schedule?
    Last edited by Tommy Gunn; 12-14-2007 at 09:38 PM.

timtim is offline Member
    if you are a fast healer than you maybe able to get things moving quicker. get some hgh, that will help the recovery if you are worried about it taking too long. dont rush anything though, let it happen as it should.

Tommy Gunn is offline Member
    Anyone else?

Thread Information