J431S is offline Banned

Neck pain: help me recover from this pain!!

can anyone help with ideas, my neck hurts from weight lifting, my form seems to proper yet i do get this constant neck pain inspite of stretching before and afte work. please help what should i do...thanks

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If it hurts stop. Use lighter weight and work on the form more. Go see a chiropractor but get references first.

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    hey J....lovbyts is right...pain is designed to tell the brain that the body is in a bit of a pinch...no pun intended but speaking from someone that has a neck full of titanium plates...nerves will send sharp pain signals...if you have burners....where the pain traverses down your arm and burns through your fingers, it is most likely a bulging or ruptured disc....if you have a numbing/tingling sensation then you have a vertebrae out of line....try an inversion table ...i bought one just to have to use at the first sign of trouble...so the questions are: local or traveling pain; sharp or dull; burn vs tingle....and what exercise are you doing which starts the pain?

J431S is offline Banned
    thanks guys...took some time off....pain is gone now....

But here's the problem: lost some momentum that i had, seems like i have to start all over again to go heavy...what the heck? it is all good though...no neck pain!!

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    glad to hear it.

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    If its a muscle spasm electro stim. is helpful

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    do you have a job that you sit all day ? could be using the wrong sitting poster while looking at a screen or reading. Which will cause you neck and back to ache .... even worse when lifting. I took classes on how to set up your desk at work for good poster and that worked great. its called Ergonomics just in case any one was wondering...

Thread Information