Orion811 is offline Junior Member

Meniscus tear...

MRI indicates I have a torn meniscus. Doctor didn't say where but in left knee...obviously. Anyway, he said recovery after surgery is about 3 weeks. I hace 2 friends that have said yes, that is true. But I have 2 more that have said it can be a bout 4 months. Can anybody shar4e some real experience with this??

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    I was Squatting 405 again 3 months after surgery. It all depends on how well you heal obviously. Do as the surgeon tells you and make sure you go to every physical therapy appt. and make sure you give it your all and you should be just about normal again after a month.

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    Are you having the torn part trimmed off, or are they actually repairing it?

soccer#3 is offline Anabolic Member
    dont rush the recovery. it'll take a lil while before u start to trust the knee again

Orion811 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop77 View Post
    Are you having the torn part trimmed off, or are they actually repairing it?
    From what I understand...trimmed.

mario_ps2 is offline Associate Member
    I had this problem on my right knee when I was 22 years old (now 33 years) and it bothered me for 2 whole darn years.

After finally getting Medicaid because I wasn't working, I went with a good orthopedic surgeon and got my meniscus shaved off.

It's been awesome ever since and I haven't had a problem yet, although I hear a lot of crackle and pop.

Go and get it fixed, I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Good luck..

shootdeep is offline Member
    i've had the surgery twice on the same knee and both times it was a breeze. the first time i had surgery on friday and was mowing my lawn with a push mower on Sunday. i wouldn't advise hammering on it right away though. my doc told me to do whatever i wanted...as long as there wasn't a lot of pain. it's been 10yrs since the last one. good luck!

Thread Information