Thread: Back injury

jypoll is offline Member

Back injury

After a typical deadlifting max test and workout, the right side of my lower back seems to have been pulled, it's hurts to turn around and I need to keep my back straight. Any advice on helping recover? Should I be able to train again soon?

Regular guy is offline Junior Member
    Go to Dr. Probably just pulled muscle but a Dr needs to rule out other possiblities. Muscle relaxers, rest, and posture correction are treatment for a pulled muscle in the back.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    My back hurts all the friggin time.

alleve
    cold compression
    Tens Unit
    rest

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    yup get in a pool the hydrostatic pressure will def reduce the pain, also if you can stand it contrast shower... Start with hot for 2 min (as hot as you can stand) then go right to cold for 1 min (as cold as you can stand) and repeat for at least 3 cycles be sure to finish with cold! and try to do this 2x a day. It'll certainly test your resolve but it works.

Lastly, do not just lay down and get comfortable i promise that is the kiss of death for a back problem (muscular) you will be stiff as hell and it'll hurt to move just a little. Walking in the pool works great too.

xxxl83

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jypoll View Post
    After a typical deadlifting max test and workout, the right side of my lower back seems to have been pulled, it's hurts to turn around and I need to keep my back straight. Any advice on helping recover? Should I be able to train again soon?
    Injured myself that way, laxed my ligaments took 8 years to discover prolotherapy, if all else fails give it a try its freaken amazing and as saved my life.

BTW i dont deadlift nor squat anymore.... much safer to stay injury free that way

JScondition is offline Member
    Get it checked out. There's no telling if its a pulled muscle or a bulging disk. If it is a bulging disk you risk rupturing it if you do deadlifts again too soon. Get an mri and settle your nerves.

Jitsu player is offline New Member
    if your back is off to one side it may suggest damage to the disc (if you have numbness in your foot/toes/leg) you may have nerve impingement ....I suffered this about 8 weeks ago but thankfully no surgery required....If you dont have those symptoms you've probably just torn a muscle or have inflammation of the facet Joints. For both go for ice 20 mins on x 3 times per day and take a 4-5 day course of anti inflammatories, 400-600mg x 3 times per day. Start light exercise after about a week, maybe do some core stuff for a few weeks before you start getting the weights back up.

Thread Information