SomeRandomGuy is offline Associate Member

Does this sound like Seperated Shoulder? (Bench Press Probably)

Well at the end of my 12 Week Cycle of Test E, I finally f'd my shoulder up to a degree never before done in my personal history.

I don't know if it was when I was repping 365 Bench or what, but it started soon after. I think I exacerbated the issue with close gripping that Friday when my right shoulder on the 12th rep twisted on the way up, almost like it detached and pushed to the right or something. My spotter let me struggle in a screwed up position, thx. Massive pain every time I wake up from then on.

I usually can bench reps near 400 every time at the gym, but the next Monday I try benching 225, and although it's not heavy, my right side, deltoid/pec feel almost detached from my body. Like the pec won't activate or something. The left side I can squeeze and it hardens with a contraction, the right side, it doesn't contract all the way. It feels like my right shoulder is detached from my body or something.

The pain is where my clavicle meets my scapula, and my deltoid does feel detached from my body. I can't contract my right pec muscle enough, so if I try to bench heavy, I end up compensating with shoulder.

It's supposed to take 12 weeks to heal? Lame.

Maybe I shouldn't believe my own personal diagnosis and go to the doctor.

What do you think, though? Shoulder Seperation?

420daytona is offline Junior Member
    I would def. go to the dr. Something like that if not treated right can become a nagging injury.

What kind of doctor do you see? Pardon my ignorance.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    What kind of doctor do you see? Pardon my ignorance.
    Orthopedist, ER Doc, Chiropractor, PT...
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

For some reason it's healed up, I don't know why. Not 100% but very close.

Well F my life, it's not better.

I could Incline Dumbbell 125's, but now with 70's my right arm can barely stabilize the dumbbell. Still getting the issue where the pec muscle doesn't pump up or contract like the left. I'd say it's better than a week ago.

Partial pec tear? Doctors aren't gonna know how to diagnose that.

This sucks.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sounds like mine. I originally fractured the ball 6+ years ago. About 1 1/2 years ago I decided to bump up to 100 lb dumbbells. It was more than I have done in a LONG time, I was just getting back into it after 25 years

Well everything had been great for the past year up until then. It didnt HURT when I benched and I made 4 or 5 reps but a few hrs later is started getting sore and the next day. OMG...

After that I could not incline using more than 50 lbs for the longest time. MRI shows I have some slight tearing in the rotator cuff and inflammation/arthritis.

They wanted to do surgery but I knew that would put me out for a year.
    I have found a few things that help a lot.
    Shoulder exercise helps more than anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNilld58tks&feature=fvw
    Ice when it's bad
    DMSO gel
    anti inflammatory

Thx for the advice. I'm gonna see a doctor eventually. It's been about 3 weeks and today it is much better. I should have listened when they said not to go all out on the cycle. I just lifted whatever I could, and it was more than I was used to. Hopefully it isn't permanent. Like I said before, it's much better than it was. Seems like from the people I've talked to at the gym, injuries from heavy bench press are common.

Thread Information