Need some opinions guys...plz

I was benching today and i was standing straight up and turned around slowly and a pain hit me in my lower back and it felt like someone had stabbed me with a knife,and nearly brought me to my knees and made my eyes water,i wasnt bending over or anything,i just was sliding a 45 lb weight on to the bar and it hit me suddenly.........i know i may need to go to the doctor,but i have a catch in my back now,if i do something real fast it just hurts and shoots pain,but as long as i do it slowly im ok,but even setting down it hurts a little,i wonder did i pinch a nerve,pull a muscle or what,i hope to god i didnt bust a disc.....any opinions?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    hey bro...sorry to hear..

prolly a guess at anything by anyone..

but to relate..the very first time(20 years ago) i had back trouble i actually wasnt doing anything strenuous i just reached back behind me and something just felt thrown out of place in my lower back along with pain and the feeling that my back was broke and had to crawl to bed...chiropractor treated with ice and some manipulations...diagnosed me with a mild scoliosis disc problem as well.... and wanted me to continue but i never did and have had off an on problems...i never was sure what i could have done to earn that disc issue idk...i had tried moving a john boat loaded with gear a day or so before so i always thought that...i had a couple of auto accidents within that year....so....

well....hope you get straight bro

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Does the pain shoot down your leg? Is it located at the got of the glute off to one side or the other? Feels like it's in a dimple? Any numbness in your feet, toes, legs?

If the answer is yes to any of this here is what you need to do. if the answer is no, it's still what you need to do. LOL Ill explain more.

ICE. You need to get a good ice pack you can put on the bare skin for 20-30 minutes at a time. Do NOT use heat. Trust me. After 30 minutes remove the ice and do it again in 30 minutes. Do this as often as possible at least 3x but 6 or more is better. After a full day of this it should be better. If not repeat the next day. It's ok to take anything you have for pain. Aleve helps because it's also a anti inflammatory.

If it wont go away or gets a lot better after 2 day you may need to see a doctor. Ask for Prednisone. It's a wonder drug when it comes to the sciatic nerve.

If it's a muscle in another location of the back area you still need to use ice the same say. Let me know if I can help you more.

One other think I use but only after it's been a few days to help with strains and inflamation is DMSO gel. It help quite a bit with muscles and tendons in healilng but the ice is #1 for now.

99% you did not rupture a disk. They usually take years to go. Sometimes you can pinch one but still the treatment is ice. I have ruptured/blown one. It had been going for a while. When it went I was on an inversion table trying to hang/relax but I wasn't thinking and instead of just hanging I did an inverted situp. POP!, everything went black/gray/fuzzy. I managed to get upright screaming all the way. I had to bend over to my toes to unhook my ankles. Everything went black again due to pain, I managed to unhook it on my 3rd try knowing it was get out now or be stuck there not able to reach a phone or anything. Collaped on the floor for 15 minutes and made my way crawling to the freezer to get an ice pack. 20 minutes later I stopped crying more or less. I decided to crawl out into the hot tub (DUMB, DUMB, DUMB) and almost drown due to passing out from pain again. Slumped my body over the edge and slithered out back into the bedroom onto the ice but it was to later.

I had surgery 2 weeks later but was 90% paralyzed from the waist down the whole times. For the first time in my life I had chicken legs, no calfs due to no circulation. I lost 10+ lbs all in my legs. I have videos I took of myself walking from the bedroom to the living room collapsing on the floor and passing in and out from conscientiousness due to pain. I could not even sit on a toilet to take a sh*t until after surgery. Dont ask.... I'm glad I have a LARGE tub with a removable shower wand... Use your imagination....

Yes I have experience when it comes to the back. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Does the pain shoot down your leg? Is it located at the got of the glute off to one side or the other? Feels like it's in a dimple? Any numbness in your feet, toes, legs?

If the answer is yes to any of this here is what you need to do. if the answer is no, it's still what you need to do. LOL Ill explain more.

ICE. You need to get a good ice pack you can put on the bare skin for 20-30 minutes at a time. Do NOT use heat. Trust me. After 30 minutes remove the ice and do it again in 30 minutes. Do this as often as possible at least 3x but 6 or more is better. After a full day of this it should be better. If not repeat the next day. It's ok to take anything you have for pain. Aleve helps because it's also a anti inflammatory.

If it wont go away or gets a lot better after 2 day you may need to see a doctor. Ask for Prednisone. It's a wonder drug when it comes to the sciatic nerve.

If it's a muscle in another location of the back area you still need to use ice the same say. Let me know if I can help you more.

One other think I use but only after it's been a few days to help with strains and inflamation is DMSO gel. It help quite a bit with muscles and tendons in healilng but the ice is #1 for now.

99% you did not rupture a disk. They usually take years to go. Sometimes you can pinch one but still the treatment is ice. I have ruptured/blown one. It had been going for a while. When it went I was on an inversion table trying to hang/relax but I wasn't thinking and instead of just hanging I did an inverted situp. POP!, everything went black/gray/fuzzy. I managed to get upright screaming all the way. I had to bend over to my toes to unhook my ankles. Everything went black again due to pain, I managed to unhook it on my 3rd try knowing it was get out now or be stuck there not able to reach a phone or anything. Collaped on the floor for 15 minutes and made my way crawling to the freezer to get an ice pack. 20 minutes later I stopped crying more or less. I decided to crawl out into the hot tub (DUMB, DUMB, DUMB) and almost drown due to passing out from pain again. Slumped my body over the edge and slithered out back into the bedroom onto the ice but it was to later.

I had surgery 2 weeks later but was 90% paralyzed from the waist down the whole times. For the first time in my life I had chicken legs, no calfs due to no circulation. I lost 10+ lbs all in my legs. I have videos I took of myself walking from the bedroom to the living room collapsing on the floor and passing in and out from conscientiousness due to pain. I could not even sit on a toilet to take a sh*t until after surgery. Dont ask.... I'm glad I have a LARGE tub with a removable shower wand... Use your imagination....

Yes I have experience when it comes to the back. LOL
    damn!! that is scary man,i dont think its a disc problem,at least i hope not,and just hearing the word surgery makes me flench lol,i just had shoulder surgery back in jan lol!!

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    i also am a big proponent for ice....never used heat..never a need as ice always worked well and using the opposite just didnt seem to make sense to try...this for herniation/bulging and stenosis of most L discs..surgery not recommended or an option in my case

Thread Information